Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Conversation Pit (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One week to go....... (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9929)

cleatus12r Wed, June 23rd, 2021 11:31 PM

One week to go.......

Turned in a resignation letter on Monday and my last day of working in the public sector is Thursday the 1st at noon.

I was able to stick it out 9 years and 8 months but I've been unhappy for a few years. It's sad that two bad apples have spoiled nearly the whole bunch of their co-workers and have caused me to hate showing up to do my job. They're union....government union.....so not only are they untouchable and can get away with whatever they want (or not...they get paid to show up), they also think they're too good for the job and complain about equipment, pay, jobs that need done, etc.

I'm starting my own shop and should be fully operational by the middle of July.

Power Hungry Fri, June 25th, 2021 01:09 PM

Dang, Cody... I'm sorry to see you cut out so close to 10 years. I get it, though. Sometimes it's just better to cut and run.

Hope everything goes well with the new venture. As a shop, we can put you on the dealer map and send folks your way if you'd like.

Good luck, my friend.

NOTE: You'll have to change your Signature now. ;)

Jackpine Tue, June 29th, 2021 10:33 AM

I know what you mean about Government Unions, Cody. When I was in the Air Force, I had to investigate a union grievance brought by a civilian union rep at the base where I was stationed. My takeaway, was that this guy didn't do a lick of work, and was universally disliked by his co-workers. But, somehow, he was untouchable and I could not say in my report what I really thought.

That experience really soured me on unions for a long time.

- Jack

cleatus12r Tue, July 13th, 2021 08:24 PM

I FINALLY got the shop cleaned out today and ended up with the most floor space I will get.

I am one or two government agency phone calls away from being an official business but I'm waiting for two others to get back to me first. :sick:

I officially open the door on Monday the 19th but I've already put in a week of half days while pausing clean-up. I'm already at $1300 in the bank. No cards out yet....just a farmer and word-of-mouth.

Power Hungry Wed, July 14th, 2021 07:10 AM

Man, that is really cool. Very excited to see where you can take this. Your talent and work ethics should make for a super successful business. :D

cleatus12r Mon, August 16th, 2021 09:42 PM

One month in the books.

I have to drive by my old shop all the time since it's on the way to town and I can't help but feel guilty for leaving although I know I shouldn't.

They are still advertising for the job position and I have run into the superintendent a couple of times and asked him about the goings-on over there. I just have to keep telling him that I keep seeing the cars of the two people who shouldn't continue to have jobs there.....

Oh well, my "head space" is much better now.

Oh, except for wanting to strangle the engineer of the 6R80 who thought a normal dipstick and fluid checking/filling procedure wasn't as cool as his braindead idea.

Oh, and I'm slowly getting used to answering phones again without thinking to myself, "Now what!?!?"

cleatus12r Mon, August 16th, 2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackpine (Post 62733)
I know what you mean about Government Unions, Cody. When I was in the Air Force, I had to investigate a union grievance brought by a civilian union rep at the base where I was stationed. My takeaway, was that this guy didn't do a lick of work, and was universally disliked by his co-workers. But, somehow, he was untouchable and I could not say in my report what I really thought.

That experience really soured me on unions for a long time.

- Jack

Unions are outdated and unnecessary....and government ones are the worst as all they do is protect the laziest/least productive ones and bargain for wages based off of taxpayer dollars (read: blank check).

Power Hungry Tue, August 17th, 2021 12:27 PM

Glad that things are moving forward for you. It's a shame that because of things like unions, unqualified and unmotivated people can retain lucrative employment. Meanwhile, hardworking and dedicated folks get crapped on.

In an ideal world, the undesirable employees would get what they deserve, but I'm not naive enough to actually believe that would ever happen. They just go along their merry way kicking sand the faces of others.

One thing I can say about you is that you have integrity and ethics. Ok, that's two things... But you know what I mean. I am proud to be able to call you my friend.

cleatus12r Sat, August 21st, 2021 12:19 AM

Oh yeah, definitely a good one.

Be gone, spammer!

Power Hungry Mon, August 23rd, 2021 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleatus12r (Post 62827)
Oh yeah, definitely a good one.

Be gone, spammer!

I really wish people would find better things to do with their lives. :sigh: