Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gryphon Programmer (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2007 F150 5.4L with Gryphon (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474)

Caforddude Wed, February 11th, 2009 08:26 PM

2007 F150 5.4L with Gryphon

I currently have a Gryphon and am running the 87 performance tune.

Ok so earlier this week I started hearing wat sounded like a little rattling noise at certain RPM's. I assumed a loose exhaust clamp or something simple I could do when I had the weekend off. Truck has also been hard to start. I assumed maybe needed a new battery even though mine is only 2 years old

Today I was running low on gas and pumped in some 91 octane, only about 5 gallons. Drove home and idle at lights seemed a little rough. Picked up my daughter and headed home. Get home and stop just outside the garage to let my daughter out. Start to pull into the garage and engine starts running REALLY rough. Bouncing between 3-500 RPM's, low based on what I have seen.

Pull the code and I get:
P0012 Intake Camshaft
Position timing
over retarded (bank 1)

Code looked exactly as posted above.

Tune issue? octane issue? Other issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am heading to the snow this weekend and do not want to get stuck up there...

Thanks.

Corey Cohron RIP Wed, February 11th, 2009 09:04 PM

Hey Aaron,

How long have you been running the 87 performance tune?

Caforddude Wed, February 11th, 2009 09:09 PM

I have been running it since I got my custom tunes.

I looked back at my emails and it looks like you notified me on 01-04 about them being ready, so shortly after that.

04FX4 Wed, February 11th, 2009 09:09 PM

Try and return to stock?

Caforddude Wed, February 11th, 2009 09:10 PM

Have not tried to return to stock yet...Wanted to wait for some input first.

Grabber523 Wed, February 11th, 2009 09:11 PM

How many miles on your truck? What weight oil you running? How often do you change it? Sounds like a cam phaser failing, take it to the Stealership. Common issue on the modular engines because they are oil pressure actuated and any crud in the journals will cause them to stick in the default position due to lack of flow and pressure.

EDIT: IF it were a tune issue it would have happened immediately after you uploaded the calibration.

Caforddude Wed, February 11th, 2009 09:18 PM

32xxx miles on the truck. Mods in the sig. whatever the reccomended oil is the oil change place put in. Changed every 4000 miles or so

Grabber523 Wed, February 11th, 2009 09:32 PM

Sounds like you're doing everything right, and still under warranty. I'd take it in to Ford and have them look at it.

Northern Supercrew Wed, February 11th, 2009 09:40 PM

That looks exactly like the code that came up on mine about a week ago...i'm running the 87 perf too. i returned to stock and then checked for codes again, and none came up...i then reloaded the 87 perf tune and no codes again...still running it with no probs.

Caforddude Wed, February 11th, 2009 09:43 PM

hmmm..That gives me hope of a computer glitch? simple fix... Did you run for any length of time on the stock program before going back to the 87 performance or just load them back to back?