Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   2008 to 2010 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   P2002 Code?? Any Remedy (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1291)

08FX4RBP Fri, June 19th, 2009 06:42 PM

P2002 Code?? Any Remedy

My truck keeps throwing a P2002 code, i have a new AFE stg 2 cold air on it and a MBRP DPF back exhaust. No matter what setting a put the programmer on, it does it. With it on the stock setting it takes longer for the code to show up. Is there any remedy for this in the tuning, since everyone tells me its the AFE CAI?? Just looking for options/opinions.

08FX4RBP Fri, June 19th, 2009 07:38 PM

My truck keeps throwing a P2002 code, i have a new AFE stg 2 cold air on it and a MBRP DPF back exhaust. No matter what setting a put the programmer on, it does it. With it on the stock setting it takes longer for the code to show up. Is there any remedy for this in the tuning, since everyone tells me its the AFE CAI?? Just looking for options/opinions.

Corey Cohron RIP Fri, June 19th, 2009 09:08 PM

How long ago did you buy your programmer, and from whom did you buy it? Bill thinks we might have a fix for you, and yes, it's probably your CAI. ;)

08FX4RBP Fri, June 19th, 2009 09:17 PM

Zimmey's Diesel Performance · Lebanon, PA - bought it from Delton.
It was like 2 months ago when i bought it, but i think he had it sitting there for a while.

08FX4RBP Wed, June 24th, 2009 10:46 PM

Updated Unit-CEL comes up within 5 miles

I Updated the unit and now it throws the P2002 even faster than before. Now its within 5 miles and it throws it. I take the intake off and no problems at all.

Also the truck bucked a couple time when i had the new updated programming in it. It onlyt happpend when pulling out of a four way intersection having to get on it to merge into traffic. From a roll it seemed to pull alright, but from a stop it would buck amd seemed it did not know what gear to go in.

88Racing Thu, June 25th, 2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08FX4RBP (Post 11107)
I Updated the unit and now it throws the P2002 even faster than before. Now its within 5 miles and it throws it. I take the intake off and no problems at all.

Also the truck bucked a couple time when i had the new updated programming in it. It onlyt happpend when pulling out of a four way intersection having to get on it to merge into traffic. From a roll it seemed to pull alright, but from a stop it would buck amd seemed it did not know what gear to go in.

Take off the afe and go back to stock air box until Bill has a "fix".

Just a thought

Lars

08FX4RBP Thu, June 25th, 2009 11:02 PM

I have the AFE off the truck, the truck still seems to act weird with the updated unit.

Jackpine Thu, June 25th, 2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08FX4RBP (Post 11107)

But now you say the truck still acts "weird"? Can you be a bit more specific? How do "no problems at all" suddenly become "weird"?

And, I'm not trying to be a smarta$$, but I'm trying to help Bill understand what's going on. Please don't feel I'm putting you down.

- Jack

08FX4RBP Thu, June 25th, 2009 11:10 PM

With it on level 3, the truck will still jump around in the shifting under heavier accleration from a dead stop. From a roll it doesn't do it.

08FX4RBP Thu, June 25th, 2009 11:17 PM

FYI- The intake is off the truck, no CEL...but still acts as stated above on Level 3. On Level 2 acts fine, Stock acts fine, have not tryed level 4 w/out the CAI yet.