Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   1997 to 2003 F-150 (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Emission testing.. (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6772)

AZFX4 Tue, July 5th, 2011 02:55 PM

Emission testing..

Not another!

So I have to take emission testing in AZ.. what a PITA.

From everything I read with the tuner, I just have to unplug it from the OBD port and take the test with it tuned. I did not download another tune or set it to stock. It's been on the same tune for atleast 3 months and over 1500miles worth of driving..

But when I unplugged it and went in to get it tested it showed my OBD port wasn't ready. Did it some how trigger the P1000 code when I unplugged it from the OBD port? Or whats your thoughts?

Sucks sitting in the baking heat and then to "fail".. The guy inside basically told me my truck has been serviced and I need to drive around to let the computer learn again.. which I understand, but is there a reason it triggered that code by just unplugging it from the OBD port? I thought it only did that when re-tuned or set to stock and going in.

88Racing Tue, July 5th, 2011 03:10 PM

If you left it on the custom tune there shouldn't have been any issues not unless their cord is junk.....check your cigarette lighter fuse incase that's been fried.....that's the only other thing I can think of......

AZFX4 Tue, July 5th, 2011 11:08 PM

Well I did about 125mile round trip today... so that should get rid of it, if for some reason unplugging it reset it? But the question is, could it have triggered the P1000 code? They didn't tell me what code was set, just that my OBD wasn't "READY"... cause if for some reason I go back in after all this driving and it's still not, "READY" I don't know wtf?

Now if for some reason my fuse is fine or fried, but I pull it out and put it back in, will I have to drive around still to make sure it's gone?

AZFX4 Tue, July 5th, 2011 11:31 PM

I just checked that fuse, it looks good. Replaced it with a new 1 anyways.. so now the question is, am I going to have to drive another 100miles to make that code go away or did this not affect it?

I was going to go tomorrow and see if it will pass but if I fail, then I got to go through a bunch of crap to get it registered being it would have "failed" twice, even though it's just OBD not being read..

Ahh.

Longshot270 Wed, July 6th, 2011 12:00 AM

Is there another place to get it done? The custom tune should not be triggering any readiness codes.

AZFX4 Wed, July 6th, 2011 01:34 AM

No, it's OBD port testing.

So, should this clear within 100miles or so? Or do you think I may have a different problem? I'm hesitant to try to plug Gryphon back in and see if it works.. but if I do that, it will probably trigger it again and I'll have to wait longer and it's due by 15th.. but once I fail twice, I have to call some emission bs place and talk to them, so I have no clue what will be involved with that if I fail again.

AZFX4 Wed, July 6th, 2011 01:36 AM

Is there something else I can try?

Set it back to stock, drive for 200miles and would that work? I'm reading leaving it tuned and just unplugging from OBD port will pass, but now that I failed once.. scared it will happen the 2nd time even driving it for 125miles!

A buddy suggested having like Autozone or someone try to read codes from OBD port to see if their scanner will read it. I would assume if they can, the guys at emission testing should also.. I should have no codes, but just seeing if their scanner will read it?

Longshot270 Wed, July 6th, 2011 07:04 AM

Have you tried pulling codes?

88Racing Wed, July 6th, 2011 08:39 AM

Is the gryphon seeing any codes? Cause autozone will see the same ones...

AZFX4 Wed, July 6th, 2011 01:10 PM

I have not plugged it back in because I figure if I do, I'll trigger the same code and have to drive another 100+ miles.. but if I have Autozone pull them I think I'll be safe? I'm going to try before work.