Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Prayer Requests (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Prayers for my sister (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2526)

Corey Cohron RIP Wed, December 16th, 2009 10:43 AM

Prayers for my sister

Just found out that my sister Renee (the one we just visited) went to Urgent Care Sunday after she bumped her leg and it wasn't healing. Long story short... this may have been a blessing, as they did a CAT scan and found some masses in her stomach. They biopsied them on Monday, and we're waiting for the results. She's 38 and has a 1½ year old and a 6 year old. Please say a prayer if you have a minute. I'm a wreck.

88Racing Wed, December 16th, 2009 10:52 AM

So sorry to hear about your sister.
I'll say some prayers for her and your family. Hopefully the biopsies turn out for the better.
Keeping you guys in my thoughts.

Jackpine Wed, December 16th, 2009 11:13 AM

Corey, I'm so sorry to hear you're facing another "hurdle". You two seem to have far more than your share. Your family is in our thoughts, and we look forward to some good news for a change.

- Jack

Corey Cohron RIP Wed, December 16th, 2009 11:17 AM

Update: Also found a mass in one lung and behind her kidney.

Power Hungry Fri, December 18th, 2009 07:41 AM

Well, it's been a rough night for Corey. :cry-blow:

We talked to her mom and sister yesterday and have learned that the masses are indeed cancerous (doctors are still identifying exactly what type) and is further widespread than originally thought, extending into the lymph system and even some in her brain. There's a mass behind her kidneys that is 5" x 3" (think postcard size) and another one that's pressing against the arteries supplying the heart which is also causing cardiac problems. They immediately started her on Chemo and have moved her to the cardiac unit so she can be closely monitored.

:sickinbed:

As you can imagine, Corey is a wreck at the moment... which of course is nothing compared to the condition of her sister. We ask that everyone keep Renee in their prayers and also pray for the rest of the family to be able to remain strong and positive in light of such devastating news... especially as the holidays approach.

Given the situation, I don't expect Corey to be in the office today so please understand if I miss some phone calls today.

Take care and God bless.

88Racing Fri, December 18th, 2009 07:57 AM

Sorry to hear that its that its progressed that far!
I'll call my mom and have her add Renee to the prayer chains!!!

cleatus12r Fri, December 18th, 2009 07:57 AM

Hang in there. Go give your wife a hug for me!

Corey Cohron RIP Wed, December 23rd, 2009 10:40 AM

Just an update on Renee'...

She has had her first round of chemo; she is still being kept in the hospital to be closely monitored, and she won't be home with her kids for Christmas. In fact, she hasn't seen them in a week and a half because they aren't allowed up in the oncology unit.

Doctors have yet to find where the cancer started, so this is impeding coming up with a plan to treat it.

But Renee' is staying positive and is sure a miracle is going to take place! Please keep her in your prayers and maybe say an extra one that the doctors find the source of the cancer so that it can be treated properly. Thank you!

88Racing Wed, December 23rd, 2009 12:48 PM

If I could find a way to turn up the volume on prayers I would do just that.
God's with her and helping to guide the doctors.
Alls you can do is offer your love and suport.
Its her children that need their family the most right now.

Corey Cohron RIP Mon, December 28th, 2009 03:14 AM

You are all AWESOME! I love reading your posts and passing them along to Renee'.

A quick update:

Not so good news: Renee' has gained 17% of her body weight in fluid over the past week and a half (she's carrying about an extra three gallons!). It's definitely not helping the situation.

Great news: After about two weeks of NOT behaving normally, Renee's organs seem to be trying to do the right thing according to her team of doctors. Her "numbers" have improved, so perhaps her liver and kidneys can get rid of some of this fluid.

Chemo? Could be. Prayers? Absolutely! Thank you all for your prayers and/or positive thoughts. God is listening, so please keep it up -- this is only the beginning, and she's got a rough road ahead.