Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Custom Tunes & EPB Sensor Strategy...??? (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5442)

Ford62B Wed, October 27th, 2010 12:00 AM

Custom Tunes & EPB Sensor Strategy...???

Hello to everyone in the Good 'Ol USA:

Jonathan "Cooter" Carlson here form the country of Afghanistan with a question on custom tuning for my 2004 Ford F350 6.0L Diesel (which is sadly back in the States :sigh: ):

1) Does the calibration use a exhaust pressure sensor feedback strategy? I have heard that later calibarations do not use EBP feedback in engine performance- which is more preferable?

2) Can my intake be adjusted? I am installing a 4in diameter intake and need to know if they increased surface area can be taken into account in the programming.

3) I am installing a custom made external oil cooler (Goodbye nasty Ford internal oil cooler!!); can the error code for more than a ten degree difference between oil temp and coolant temp be removed from custom calibrations? I've been told that if not the ECM will retard the motor from making higher levels of power. :censored1:

Thank you everyone who can shed some light on this; I am in the process of buying parts for the truck (Garrett POWERMAX turbo, 155CC injectors, custom made water/meth system). Just because I am deployed doesn't mean I can't enjoy my truck!! :cheesy smile:

Thanks!!
Jonathan

Jeremy Fri, October 29th, 2010 06:24 PM

I'll try to get Bill or Cody to answer this.

cleatus12r Mon, November 1st, 2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford62B (Post 40668)
Hello to everyone in the Good 'Ol USA:

Jonathan "Cooter" Carlson here form the country of Afghanistan with a question on custom tuning for my 2004 Ford F350 6.0L Diesel (which is sadly back in the States :sigh: ):

1) Does the calibration use a exhaust pressure sensor feedback strategy? I have heard that later calibarations do not use EBP feedback in engine performance- which is more preferable? The rollback strategy will use the EBP sensor instead of the inferred strategy that the newer calibrations use. Using the sensor for an actual input is more preferred.

2) Can my intake be adjusted? I am installing a 4in diameter intake and need to know if they increased surface area can be taken into account in the programming. There is no need to adjust the tuning for intake systems unless your mass airflow sensor is having issues with the intake tube design.

3) I am installing a custom made external oil cooler (Goodbye nasty Ford internal oil cooler!!); can the error code for more than a ten degree difference between oil temp and coolant temp be removed from custom calibrations? I've been told that if not the ECM will retard the motor from making higher levels of power. :censored1: I am unable to answer that and I am also unaware of that phenomenon. I assume that Bill has control over that though so it shouldn't be a problem.

Thank you everyone who can shed some light on this; I am in the process of buying parts for the truck (Garrett POWERMAX turbo, 155CC injectors, custom made water/meth system). Just because I am deployed doesn't mean I can't enjoy my truck!! :cheesy smile:

Thanks!!
Jonathan

Answered to the best of my ability in red above.

Jeremy Mon, November 1st, 2010 07:29 PM

The 10 degree delta was added to the latest calibrations from ford, if you roll back you don't have to worry about it.

SICKS-O Mon, November 1st, 2010 10:58 PM

you may or may not have an inferred ep calibration the only way to know for sure is if you have access to a device that will read the ecms current calibration code.

out of curiousity is your 2004 truck an early or late 04 model? sounds like you are on the right path with your modifications, the powermax turbo and 155s will work well together. have you looked into an egr cooler delete or block off kit? it would be a good idea, esp with the modifications you are planning.