Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gryphon Programmer (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Thinking about buying an Edge for my 05 F150 (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7685)

Barrett Fri, January 13th, 2012 09:42 AM

Thinking about buying an Edge for my 05 F150

Hey y'all, first time post here. I'm sorry if I missed some thread that could have helped me before posting, but I tried searching with no success.

I drive a 2005 2wd f150 (5.4). Recently I've gotten back on the idea of possibly getting a programmer for my truck. To save myself a chunk of money (Broke college student), I'm thinking about getting a used edge if I can find one at the right price. And then later look more into getting it converted to a gryphon and custom tuned by PHP.

My truck has a couple mods, I'm over on f150online with the same username. Performance wise on my truck I have:
Dual borla pro xs mufflers
Gotts mod
K&N drop in

Will running an edge with canned tunes be a bad idea for any reason? I'm hoping to get some power to help my 3.55 gears turn my 35" toyo mt's, and crossing my fingers for some mpg help if I stay driving the same. I only get about 11.5 or so city at the moment.

Thanks for any help y'all can provide, I've searched a good bit on f150online, but could really use some direct advice.

Thanks y'all,
-Barrett

88Racing Fri, January 13th, 2012 10:37 AM

You shouldn't have any issues with a good used programmer.....just make sure the vehicle it came off of is put back to stock....if not its another $80 out of someone's pocket to get it unlocked....good luck....

Barrett Fri, January 13th, 2012 05:15 PM

Ok, thanks. I think I just struck a deal to buy one for $150. Sounds like a good deal to me. Is it?

MTM Ford Sat, January 14th, 2012 12:30 AM

I've had my Gryphon in my 04 for about 2 weeks now and it has to be the best investment I've made. I'm running on Level 2 and the firmer/quicker shifts and better throttle response makes it a whole new truck. I can't say I've seen a change in my mileage. I'm still getting 15-16mpg.

Still waiting on my custom tunes from Bill, I'm getting anxious :cheesy smile:

Barrett Fri, January 20th, 2012 09:41 AM

Hey yall I'm currently talking to someone about his edge Evo. However, he does not have the cd for it. Is that a problem? And I use a Mac computer if that changes anything program wise.

Corey Cohron RIP Fri, January 20th, 2012 10:07 AM

The manuals for the Evo can be downloaded from Edge's website. :)

88Racing Fri, January 20th, 2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrett (Post 54726)
Hey yall I'm currently talking to someone about his edge Evo. However, he does not have the cd for it. Is that a problem? And I use a Mac computer if that changes anything program wise.

answered on f150online....