Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hydra Chip 17-Position Chip (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Truck turn s off ? (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9473)

zelly Sat, November 10th, 2012 12:53 PM

Truck turn s off ?

Hello just got my new hydra in the mail :) did the step by step instruction. Now, when I start the truck and switch it into a position from 00 it shuts off? I have to turn the ignition off switch it on again and put it to 00 for it to start. Anybody have similar issues? Maybe I didn't clean off all the silicone? Any help would be much appreciate.

zelly Sat, November 10th, 2012 05:10 PM

I did alittle more research and thinking that I didn't clean the PCM enough. I will use some nail polish remover to help out. Hope that works.

Austin Sat, November 10th, 2012 10:34 PM

Can't help about the hydra. But when I initially got my phoenix I thought I had cleaned the PCM connector pretty good, and the truck wouldn't start. Ended up buying a brass brush to clean it up, and it's been working good.

zelly Sun, November 11th, 2012 06:53 PM

Thanks Austin . Ya I took the PCM out again and used some of the GF's nail polish remover and scratched the rest off with my finger nail. Everything is 100% :) that thing is a beast now, Iam afraid to put to the floor in 100 performance LOL. Lots of horse power. Lots of options to choose through. The Hydra is a winner for the price and options. A+. Really happy:)

About the suggested alternative calibrations in the HydraFlash program. The hex code I have(TNAA5S8) provides the chip with about 5 calibrations and the suggested alternate calibration code (TNAA4S2) provides the chip with almost 20 calibrations.

Does that mean I could use any calibration in the TNAA_S_ / TNAA family of codes?

Thanks

Austin Sun, November 11th, 2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zelly (Post 61642)
Thanks Austin . Ya I took the PCM out again and used some of the GF's nail polish remover and scratched the rest off with my finger nail. Everything is 100% :) that thing is a beast now, Iam afraid to put to the floor in 100 performance LOL. Lots of horse power. Lots of options to choose through. The Hydra is a winner for the price and options. A+. Really happy:)

About the suggested alternative calibrations in the HydraFlash program. The hex code I have(TNAA5S8) provides the chip with about 5 calibrations and the suggested alternate calibration code (TNAA4S2) provides the chip with almost 20 calibrations.

Does that mean I could use any calibration in the TNAA_S_ / TNAA family of codes?

Thanks

I feel the same way, especially with PMRs. Sometimes I just can't resist the urge. I can't help about which calibrations you can use, but I'm sure someone else here can give you the answer. :)

cleatus12r Sun, November 11th, 2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zelly (Post 61642)

Thanks

No. Do not mix and match hex codes or you'll end up with a stalling/stumbling problem between the mismatched calibrations. If you run one hex code, stick with it on all positions.