Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Upgrade your Evo (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   So, I can no longer change my edge to gryphon (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5838)

Kurt14 Wed, January 26th, 2011 11:31 AM

So, I can no longer change my edge to gryphon

So, Can I still send you my edge and switch it over to a gryphon with 3 custom tunes... If so how far out is it?!?!

Kurt14 Wed, January 26th, 2011 11:35 AM

Ok now that I double taked the years..... Mines a 2005 so how long am I out on a programmer... I understand the reasons for the delay and am cool with it....

What kind of mileage are people getting with a gas mileage/economy tune?!?!

also, I can do a economy, performance, and towing setting correct?!?!?

Been out of the game lately so am trying to get up to date

bigterp Wed, January 26th, 2011 01:54 PM

I'm sure someone will chime in and correct me if I'm wrong, but MY understanding is you can do Tow or Performance tune. You can choose which octane level for each tune as well. For example I ordered an 87 tow, 87 performance and 93 performance tunes with my unit. Most people use the performance tune as their daily driver but MPG's are probably more affected by your driving style than what tune you are running. You can expect a slight increase in MPGs with a custom tune, but nothing drastic. As far as time without a programmer, I was told 3-4 weeks when I ordered my CS. Got the CS last week, and now just waiting on the tunes.

Kurt14 Wed, January 26th, 2011 03:21 PM

Yea, Well my biggest mistake was updating my edge... I had it setup to where I was getting 18 to 20 mpg and then the bright idea to update it... Now, I'm lucky to get 14 mpg if that.... Angers me!!! 14- is killing me and my wallet

Longshot270 Wed, January 26th, 2011 04:05 PM

Sorry, because your truck is in a problematic year range you cannot upgrade your programmer without literally upgrading to a CS or CTS. After you updated did you go and re-enter your proper tire size and gear ratio? If any of those are off it will throw off your odometer and then the math will show poor mileage.

Jackpine Wed, January 26th, 2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longshot270 (Post 43543)
Sorry, because your truck is in a problematic year range you cannot upgrade your programmer without literally upgrading to a CS or CTS. After you updated did you go and re-enter your proper tire size and gear ratio? If any of those are off it will throw off your odometer and then the math will show poor mileage.

Ah, Longshot - doesn't he have a 2005? If so, there should be no problem upgrading to a Gryphon.

And, Kurt, you say your mileage dropped after you updated the firmware on the Edge? I suppose they might have changed the calibrations, but that would be the only thing that could have effected mileage. Did you call Edge about this?

- Jack

Longshot270 Wed, January 26th, 2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackandJanet (Post 43563)
Ah, Longshot - doesn't he have a 2005? If so, there should be no problem upgrading to a Gryphon.

And, Kurt, you say your mileage dropped after you updated the firmware on the Edge? I suppose they might have changed the calibrations, but that would be the only thing that could have effected mileage. Did you call Edge about this?

- Jack

Oh shiznit, yeah my bad. I dont know what I was thinking. :doh:

Dont read what I say OP! :hehe:

Skip_1074 Thu, January 27th, 2011 08:27 PM

Kurt, I saw you had a Banks intake system on your truck. How do you like it? I spoke with Banks yesterday about their intentions of making that for the 2009-2010 along with the torquetube headers, and it sounded like there is hope, just a matter of time.

I am curious of your observations, likes and dislikes of it.

88Racing Mon, February 7th, 2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt14 (Post 43539)
Yea, Well my biggest mistake was updating my edge... I had it setup to where I was getting 18 to 20 mpg and then the bright idea to update it... Now, I'm lucky to get 14 mpg if that.... Angers me!!! 14- is killing me and my wallet

It maybe pure coincidense but you may have filled up with winter blend gas at the same time you updated and that could be the cause of the mpgs drop......southern states get winter blends later on in the winter.....

Also some tlc maintenance to perform......

Clean your MAF.
Clean your TB.
Change your fuel filter......

88Racing Mon, February 7th, 2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longshot270 (Post 43543)

Swamp gases must be building up again......time to purge.....:hehe: