Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   ECM TCM (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8121)

Ranchstroke Sun, March 18th, 2012 09:47 PM

ECM TCM

I pulled the strategy code on my 6 liter and got VXCF4DC TQCKOD2. I am filling out a form for my ficm programing and it is asking for the ECM and TCM. What do I input into each slot? thanks

Jeremy Fri, March 23rd, 2012 09:55 PM

VXCF4DC = ECM
TQCKOD2 = TCM

amdriven2liv Mon, June 25th, 2012 02:00 PM

Not sure if this is right.

My codes are:

vxbc9nb = ECM

amz2al11 = TCM ????????? (or is this a FICM code prior to Atlas 40?)

Or am I looking for another code?

I pulled these using the Torque app.

Do I need to go find someplace to pull the right codes?

I had FICMrepair.com fix my FICM and added the Atlas 40. Now I want to do the ECM roll back.

Jeremy Mon, June 25th, 2012 06:59 PM

Here is what you have.

vxbc9nb = ECM

amz2al11 = FICM

However was that the code you got after the FICM was repaired and the "A40" was installed? I only ask because that is not a good code, meaning that is not an A40 FICM calibration number.

amdriven2liv Mon, July 9th, 2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 59456)
Here is what you have.

vxbc9nb = ECM

amz2al11 = FICM

However was that the code you got after the FICM was repaired and the "A40" was installed? I only ask because that is not a good code, meaning that is not an A40 FICM calibration number.

Sorry, didn't see your response until now.

That was prior to the FICM tune.

Found a place that might pull the codes so I can get an ECM roll back. Just need to figure out when to get there to have it done. !! I need the TCM code.
Every auto parts store that I stopped at looked at me with the "What the heck you talking about" look.

amdriven2liv Sat, July 14th, 2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amdriven2liv (Post 59769)
Sorry, didn't see your response until now.

That was prior to the FICM tune.

Found a place that might pull the codes so I can get an ECM roll back. Just need to figure out when to get there to have it done. !! I need the TCM code.
Every auto parts store that I stopped at looked at me with the "What the heck you talking about" look.

Well. my phone can show me my ecm and ficm but not my TCM.

I stopped by a "truck performance shop" to see if they would or could get this for me. Again, deer in the head light look. Even though they sell tuners "super chip" and Edge CTS equipment. Again, no joy. They said they couldn't read it with anything they have. I pointed at the above mentioned things and they said, they would need to order those.

One more shop to try on Monday.

Anyone in Vancouver Wa. or Portland Or. that would like to get me my TCM?

My ECM = VXBC9NB

My FICM = PRZ2AL10 (Atlas 40)

superdutynick Sat, July 14th, 2012 03:05 PM

I may be wrong... but I don't believe that the ECM or TCM strategies are required for FICM programming. The FICM programmer is universal.

amdriven2liv Mon, July 16th, 2012 01:21 AM

I'm trying to get a roll back. So, I am in need of my TCM calibration.

amdriven2liv Mon, July 16th, 2012 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superdutynick (Post 59865)
I may be wrong... but I don't believe that the ECM or TCM strategies are required for FICM programming. The FICM programmer is universal.

Yes, you are right about this. I had my ficm done at the place that did a repair on it. ficmrepair.com.

jnomura Fri, October 26th, 2012 02:16 PM

I just installed the ECM/TMC custom tune to my 03 excursion. I have a FICM programmer (PHP). Here is how the process went with my upgrade.

Set up an appointment with Bill.
Bill calls me and he has me hook up my programmer to my computer and he does a remote desktop and reconfigures the programmer for ECM/TCM updates.
Has me take the programmer to my truck and hook it up and down loads the ECM and TCM binary to the programer (PHP saves your original programming for you as I understand it). He also has me give him the codes for the TCM and the ECM.
Hook up the programmer to my computer and bill uploads the ECM/TCM binaries for storage and them build the new programs and down loads them into the programmer.
Back to the truck and we install the custom tune (25 heavy tow - mild tune).
Back to the computer and Bill reconfigures the programmer to it's origional FICM programmer mode.
Bill is done at this point.
I then reprogram my FICM to A40 and we are all done.

This all takes around 30-40 min to do.

Start it up and try it out. The TCM is running slightly higher pressures so it takes a few miles of driving for the tyranny to adapt so it isn't super harsh.
There is a huge difference in performance with the FICM A40 and the ECM 25T installed together. No dead spots, hesitations and power all the way through the RPM range. Be careful when you first try it out or might get a ticket or break the tires loose during the first 3 shifts.

Enjoy,
Jim N.