Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2007 f150 cs evolution (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8344)

Virago Tue, April 24th, 2012 12:44 PM

2007 f150 cs evolution

I have gas Fx4 with cold air intake. CS evo will not program and run on any thing other than stock. It worked for a while on "transmission only" but now doesn't. Will not run on "tow" or "extreme". Edge techs can't seem to help....blame Air Raid cold air intake(MAS).

Jackpine Tue, April 24th, 2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virago (Post 57683)
I have gas Fx4 with cold air intake. CS evo will not program and run on any thing other than stock. It worked for a while on "transmission only" but now doesn't. Will not run on "tow" or "extreme". Edge techs can't seem to help....blame Air Raid cold air intake(MAS).

I don't see how an intake would effect your CS functioning, but maybe we can help if you give us a bit more information.

What do you mean when you say the CS won't "run"? Are you saying the screen won't light up when it's plugged into the truck? Have you checked your cigarette lighter fuse if that's the case?

Or, are you saying it won't change the program in your PCM to anything other than stock? If this is the case, have you tried repairing the firmware/software in the CS using Fusion?

Or, does it program the truck but then your truck gives you a CEL on anything other than stock?

Give us some clarification here, please.

- Jack

Virago Tue, April 24th, 2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackandJanet (Post 57684)
I don't see how an intake would effect your CS functioning, but maybe we can help if you give us a bit more information.

What do you mean when you say the CS won't "run"? Are you saying the screen won't light up when it's plugged into the truck? Have you checked your cigarette lighter fuse if that's the case?

Or, are you saying it won't change the program in your PCM to anything other than stock? If this is the case, have you tried repairing the firmware/software in the CS using Fusion?

Or, does it program the truck but then your truck gives you a CEL on anything other than stock?

Give us some clarification here, please.

- Jack

The device itself functions. When programmed the truck stalls out/check engine light/wrench appear in tow or extreme. Tech said mass air impacted by the air intake. I updated with Fusion...still no luck.
Tech said to talk with Bill at Powerhungry Performance or replace factory air intake.

Especial86 Tue, April 24th, 2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virago (Post 57685)
The device itself functions. When programmed the truck stalls out/check engine light/wrench appear in tow or extreme. Tech said mass air impacted by the air intake. I updated with Fusion...still no luck.
Tech said to talk with Bill at Powerhungry Performance or replace factory air intake.

Have you tried cleaning the MAF "mass air flow sensor" with MAF cleaner??
If the intake is suspect, that's the first place I'd look. Also, look for leaks on the intake piping leading to the throttle body...

Try checking the codes with the edge and report back.

Jackpine Tue, April 24th, 2012 06:50 PM

This makes more sense now. I suspect the intake IS somewhat responsible for the problems you are having with the Edge canned tunes. They were never designed to work properly with an aftermarket intake.

Can you put the stock intake back on and try that? And can you check the throttle body to see if it needs cleaning? I don't know where the MAF sensor is now with your intake, but if it's dirty, that can cause problems too.

Regardless, I'd try the stock intake solution first.

- Jack

Virago Tue, April 24th, 2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Especial86 (Post 57690)
Have you tried cleaning the MAF "mass air flow sensor" with MAF cleaner??
If the intake is suspect, that's the first place I'd look. Also, look for leaks on the intake piping leading to the throttle body...

Try checking the codes with the edge and report back.

Thanks I will try cleaning the MAF sensor first. I don't have the stock intake anymore. Since posting I have tried to reprogram back to "transmission only" but that does not function any longer.....
The engine does run well in "stock" however...
Any ideas on Powerhungry.com for customized tunes?

Jackpine Wed, April 25th, 2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virago (Post 57712)
Thanks I will try cleaning the MAF sensor first. I don't have the stock intake anymore. Since posting I have tried to reprogram back to "transmission only" but that does not function any longer.....
The engine does run well in "stock" however...
Any ideas on Powerhungry.com for customized tunes?

Yes, my tunes are customized by Bill at PHP and I think they are definitely better (more "refined") than the canned tunes from Edge. It is probable that Bill could create custom tunes for you that would eliminate the problems you are having.

It would cost you $60 to try one out, which to me is a reasonable experiment. I started with one custom tune only - a custom towing tune since I pull a trailer. I liked it well enough that I ultimately got a custom non-tow tune for 87 octane gas as well.

- Jack

Virago Thu, April 26th, 2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackandJanet (Post 57734)
Yes, my tunes are customized by Bill at PHP and I think they are definitely better (more "refined") than the canned tunes from Edge. It is probable that Bill could create custom tunes for you that would eliminate the problems you are having.

It would cost you $60 to try one out, which to me is a reasonable experiment. I started with one custom tune only - a custom towing tune since I pull a trailer. I liked it well enough that I ultimately got a custom non-tow tune for 87 octane gas as well.

- Jack

Well I removed the MAF sensor and cleaned it thoroughly. It didnt seem dirty but it must have been. I can now program tranny only and towing levels. Wow that took some time to get here.
Now I need to figure out if one level gives me better daily driving fuel economy than stock.

Especial86 Sat, April 28th, 2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virago (Post 57772)
Well I removed the MAF sensor and cleaned it thoroughly. It didnt seem dirty but it must have been. I can now program tranny only and towing levels. Wow that took some time to get here.
Now I need to figure out if one level gives me better daily driving fuel economy than stock.

NICE! I'm glad to see things work out for you..

I think you will like the tow tune!...I know my truck certainly does.