Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   new from Ohio (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213)

doubleshot Tue, January 6th, 2009 06:35 PM

new from Ohio

new here from ohio. near dayton. have a 97 f350 psd mostly stock, I have installed gauges( trans. temp, boost and egt) I am interested in the 6 position phoenix, mostly want better mpg's and some power to go with it. I do pull a 10k trailer and drive it with out trailer sometimes. any comments on the phoenix good bad or other, what is the average wait for the phoenix, not in a hurry just wondering. thanks Steve

Jackpine Tue, January 6th, 2009 06:47 PM

I can't answer ANY of your questions, Steve, but Bill and Corey can! :thumbsup:

They won't sell you something you won't be happy about - guaranteed!

If they don't chime in here, give them a call. They're VERY easy to talk to.

Welcome aboard!

- Jack

Power Hungry Tue, January 6th, 2009 09:19 PM

Steve...

:welcome: Glad to have you join us! We hope you enjoy your time here. :D

To try and answer your questions, the Phoenix modules are ideally suited for your type of situation. With a click of the switch, you can change from a mildly aggressive daily driver program to a more conservative towing program that is safe for the weight you're pulling.

On top of that, we have really neat specialty programs such as High-Idle, Whisper Mode, Valet, and even can put a no-start file on one position.

There's really no negative side to going with the modules, especially since you already have a set of gauges.

If you have any other questions, give us a shout. We'd be glad to get them answered for you.

Corey Cohron RIP Tue, January 6th, 2009 09:27 PM

Hey Steve,

We should be up your way sometime this year to do some live tuning! The Phoenix Module is a TS 6-position chip with switch-on-the-fly capability. Check out a thread in the Phoenix section of the forum -- I think I called it What ARE Standard Tunes? -- to find out what we can offer you. We just lowered the price, too. :D

Generally, the wait on the Phoenix is about a week. The wait has been longer in December simply due to the fact that we had so many sales. :) Not a bad problem to have in this economy. There's another thread called Why Do Custom Tunes Take So Long? that explains why PHP customers tend to wait longer than other tuners' customers -- and I promise that it's NOT because we're lazy or that we take time off! :hehe: Rather, it's the opposite.

Anyway, :welcome3: to the forum! We're glad that you're here!

johnnyd Wed, January 7th, 2009 05:48 PM

Welcome dblshot :howdy:

Corey Cohron RIP Wed, January 7th, 2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Hungry (Post 1188)
Steve...

:welcome: Glad to have you join us! We hope you enjoy your time here. :D

To try and answer your questions, the Phoenix modules are ideally suited for your type of situation. With a click of the switch, you can change from a mildly aggressive daily driver program to a more conservative towing program that is safe for the weight you're pulling.

On top of that, we have really neat specialty programs such as High-Idle, Whisper Mode, Valet, and even can put a no-start file on one position.

There's really no negative side to going with the modules, especially since you already have a set of gauges.

If you have any other questions, give us a shout. We'd be glad to get them answered for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groovy Chick (Post 1191)
Hey Steve,

We should be up your way sometime this year to do some live tuning! The Phoenix Module is a TS 6-position chip with switch-on-the-fly capability. Check out a thread in the Phoenix section of the forum -- I think I called it What ARE Standard Tunes? -- to find out what we can offer you. We just lowered the price, too. :D

Generally, the wait on the Phoenix is about a week. The wait has been longer in December simply due to the fact that we had so many sales. :) Not a bad problem to have in this economy. There's another thread called Why Do Custom Tunes Take So Long? that explains why PHP customers tend to wait longer than other tuners' customers -- and I promise that it's NOT because we're lazy or that we take time off! :hehe: Rather, it's the opposite.

Anyway, :welcome3: to the forum! We're glad that you're here!

:hehe: We were posting at the same time.

Cajun Wed, January 7th, 2009 07:26 PM

Howdy! :wave:

doubleshot Wed, January 7th, 2009 07:37 PM

One more quick question, can you get the pcm code from the vin, sticker in the door jam or do I need to pull the pcm to get the code? thanks

Jackpine Wed, January 7th, 2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doubleshot (Post 1246)
One more quick question, can you get the pcm code from the vin, sticker in the door jam or do I need to pull the pcm to get the code? thanks

I think you're talking about the HEX code. It's not in the VIN. You'll see it on the Gryphon's screen if you turn on the ignition and then plug the Gryphon into the OBDII port.

(200 posts)!

- Jack

doubleshot Wed, January 7th, 2009 07:49 PM

I was thinking about the phoenix, to order one the form ask for a pcm code?