Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Conversation Pit (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Walkin' 'round in women's underwear..... (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5543)

cleatus12r Fri, November 19th, 2010 12:30 PM

Walkin' 'round in women's underwear.....

I mean WINTER WONDERLAND!!

18 degrees outside and it finally SNOWED!

I got called out to plow snow this morning at 5:30 and spent 4.5 hours plowing a good bit of "the white stuff". It's been darn cold the past few weeks so it's about time we have a REASON for it to be cold. :woot:

F-127 Fri, November 19th, 2010 01:50 PM

Plowing with a plow truck? Or just a pickup plow?

I've only plowed a few times with my brother's pickup plow. He plows with a plow truck for a local township when the normal guy takes a vacation down south. I'm thinking its going on 3 years now, but the time during that vacation has always had some sort of snow storm.

cleatus12r Fri, November 19th, 2010 01:57 PM

Today was the 4-wheeler and shovel; just getting close to curbs and doing sidewalks so the actual owner of the equipment (driving the Bronco-mounted plow) can get the big areas out of the way.

He and his wife usually do the plowing, but she's going to be "calfin'-out" in February and doesn't want to be outside.

He's got quite a few accounts in town here....10 or 11 of them...so he makes really good money during the snow season.

88Racing Fri, November 19th, 2010 04:06 PM

Dang......

Just keep it over there until a few days before Christmas!

Jackpine Fri, November 19th, 2010 04:28 PM

Ah, what is this "snow" thing you both are talking about? Is it kind of like a "fungus" that appears in the cooler months? I don't think we have anything like that here. :shrug:

- Jack

Longshot270 Fri, November 19th, 2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackandJanet (Post 41409)
Ah, what is this "snow" thing you both are talking about? Is it kind of like a "fungus" that appears in the cooler months? I don't think we have anything like that here. :shrug:

- Jack

Yeah, that is what I'm wondering. Maybe they are just drinking their party eggnog early and are seeing things. A "WINTER WONDERLAND" sounds like a drink. :hehe:

907DAVE Sat, November 20th, 2010 06:38 PM

I LOVE to plow snow, its addicting!

So far this year there has been pretty decent snowfall, and it hasn't been to cold yet either.:happy-dancing:

Longshot270 Sat, November 20th, 2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 907dave (Post 41423)
I LOVE to plow snow, its addicting!

So far this year there has been pretty decent snowfall, and it hasn't been to cold yet either.:happy-dancing:

Ok, now I KNOW there is something wrong with the air up there. :hehe:

907DAVE Sun, November 21st, 2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longshot270 (Post 41424)
Ok, now I KNOW there is something wrong with the air up there. :hehe:

Maybe.........

Or maybe its the way the engine labors when the snow is curling off the top of the blade.

Or maybe it is the sound the snow makes as it scrapes along the bottom of the cab when things get deep.

Or maybe it the way you set up a "snow lane" for those long strait pushes to your pile.

Or maybe its the pride you take in your technique/ strategy to get snow cleared out of a tight area.

Or maybe its the sound of a strait piped 350 as it tachs out as you begin to loose speed.

Or maybe its the way the snow mists after a big push into the pile.

Or maybe its the challenge of seeing how high you can get your snow pile.

Maybe it is in the air, the cool, crisp clean air as it wisps throughout the cab when the windows are cracked open a bit.

:hehe:

Longshot270 Sun, November 21st, 2010 05:55 PM

Hmmm, good points...but I think your still crazy, just not as much as before. We only get snow for about 5 minutes a year. :hehe:

It is just that 2 days of ice that is dangerous.