Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   1994½ to 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Alternative Chip Options?? (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3335)

spencer922 Thu, February 25th, 2010 08:35 PM

Alternative Chip Options??

Hey, I'm relatively new here on this forum. I just had a quick question. I have a 1995 F350 PSD with the auto and 4x4 etc. I had read on PSN that Bill could burn a single program on the old Gold Superchips modules? I know that the TS Chip is the one to have, and I have had that and sold it unfortunately. But, I've run into a decent deal on one of these Superchips and was wondering if there was any confirmation that Bill could do this. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Spencer

ChuckD Thu, February 25th, 2010 08:41 PM

wait and get the 6 pos

cleatus12r Thu, February 25th, 2010 08:52 PM

He CAN do it, but you are stuck with whatever PCM code your truck currently has.

spencer922 Thu, February 25th, 2010 09:58 PM

So, I won't be able to have any updated transmission tunes or anything like that? I'm TEE5 which I haven't found to be total trash. I'd like some tweaks though like anyone else. I just figure with my stock AA's I won't be able to get very many drivable tunes so maybe I could get away on skipping the TS. I was kinda hoping for like a mild daily/economy tune, and then a tow tune, and like a race tune. As much of a race as I can with it being all stock. What do you guys think?

907DAVE Thu, February 25th, 2010 10:37 PM

You can only have 1 program on that chip.

Or did I mis-interpret your post?

spencer922 Thu, February 25th, 2010 10:43 PM

Nah, you understood correctly. I was just talking about tunes on a TS chip if I got one. I was just thinking I could get away with one tune.

907DAVE Thu, February 25th, 2010 10:54 PM

Maybe if you only use your truck for one thing. But if you are like most of us we ask our trucks to do lots of different chores for us, and there should be a program for each.

I would LOVE to have a program that does it all, but it seem more logical to have a programs designed to excel at a certain thing, than it is to have one tune that is marginal at everything.

cleatus12r Fri, February 26th, 2010 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spencer922 (Post 25997)
So, I won't be able to have any updated transmission tunes or anything like that? I'm TEE5 which I haven't found to be total trash. I'd like some tweaks though like anyone else. I just figure with my stock AA's I won't be able to get very many drivable tunes so maybe I could get away on skipping the TS. I was kinda hoping for like a mild daily/economy tune, and then a tow tune, and like a race tune. As much of a race as I can with it being all stock. What do you guys think?

You have TEE5 and by having Bill reprogram your Superchips chip, you will still have TEE5.....albeit probably with a few transmission shift issue fixes. The Superchips is a one-bank chip which means that it is unable to actually turn your TEE5 into a TDE1. It is able to control mapping functions like shift points, fueling, SOI, etc. Basically, the truck will run off of the programming in the PCM but only use the chip for "bank 8" maps.