Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gryphon Programmer (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   N/A on trans temp (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6906)

chromedom Wed, August 3rd, 2011 10:18 PM

N/A on trans temp

Got my Gryphon and updated it on Pegasus. With the Evo I always monitored the voltage, TCT, EOT, and ECT. Since the upgrade I can no longer see the trans temp???? Also noticing that the Gryphon freezes up when attaching it to the truck for the first time and before any programming is done. Cycle power off than on and the display comes on after acknowledging the warnings. I did unplug and plug back in the programmer, and reloaded the prior firmware update to see if it made a difference, no change. Any ideas?

Have no problem going to a box performance tune.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Power Hungry Thu, August 4th, 2011 09:23 AM

First: Return the truck to stock.

Second: Run Pegasus, go to [Updates] and then select [Custom File Download (Internet)]. This will download a corrected firmware that will fix the TFT issue.

Take care.

chromedom Fri, August 5th, 2011 06:13 AM

Hey Bill,

got An "Internet Error Encounter" I'll double check the firewall and try a couple things.

Keeping you updated.

dave

chromedom Sat, August 6th, 2011 12:37 AM

No luck, any other things I can try???? :shrug::shrug::shrug:

Dave

chromedom Fri, May 11th, 2012 05:46 AM

Pluged in the Gryphon into the computer (Pegasus) and said an update is available. So I did. Now looking at the website I see that I souldn't have done this. Now lost the trans temp on the display again and was wondering if the custom tue is gone. Let me know what I have to do to get this back. Thanks

Dave Vasser

Jackpine Fri, May 11th, 2012 12:21 PM

Dave - the custom tune should still be there, since you use Pegasus.

With your truck's tune reset to stock, plug the programmer back into Pegasus and click on [Updates] -> [Custom File Download (Internet)]. This should restore your custom tunes and the fix that Bill created.

Make sure your ignition key is ON (engine off) before you plug the Gryphon back into the truck.

- Jack

chromedom Sat, May 12th, 2012 05:49 AM

Hello Jack,

Tried that, got An "Internet Error Encountered". fire walls were off/ internet has great connection. Had this problem before. got both windows xp and windows 7, both with same result????

Any ideas????

Dave

chromedom Sat, May 12th, 2012 05:52 AM

Even droped the firmware back a revision. No Luck.

Jackpine Sat, May 12th, 2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chromedom (Post 58444)
Hello Jack,

Tried that, got An "Internet Error Encountered". fire walls were off/ internet has great connection. Had this problem before. got both windows xp and windows 7, both with same result????

Any ideas????

Dave

Dave, we've seen this in the past. It COULD be that for some reason your copy of Pegasus or your computers are not looking up the server ID properly. There is an option to enter the server ID directly though in Pegasus and it's in [Options]->[Alternate Server ID]. This will open a window where you can enter an alternate address: 70.88.177.206, replacing the 0.0.0.0 "default address" you see there. Hit the "Save" button when you are finished and then re-try the [Updates]->[Custom File Download (Internet)] again.

- Jack