Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gryphon Programmer (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Getting an Accurate 0-60 (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518)

Dixie Design Mon, February 16th, 2009 04:26 PM

Getting an Accurate 0-60

So I've been wanting to try and get an accurate 0-60 reading with my new Gryphon. Tried a couple times today but couldn't get a good reading. You see, Bill's done tuned my truck to be so horsey that I can't mash the gas without significant tire spin! Ran 0-60 in 8.86 seconds with some serious with tire spin, damn near got the truck crooked. Tried it again immediately after, thinking my tires would be hot now and stick. 8 seconds flat, but still spun them.

Think it's my All Terrain's just not getting a good grip on pavement?

Jackpine Mon, February 16th, 2009 04:48 PM

AT's are not designed for good grip on dry, smooth pavement. You really need racing slicks, but then you couldn't drive in the rain. :shrug:

- Jack

twintips_17 Mon, February 16th, 2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixie Design (Post 3849)
So I've been wanting to try and get an accurate 0-60 reading with my new Gryphon. Tried a couple times today but couldn't get a good reading. You see, Bill's done tuned my truck to be so horsey that I can't mash the gas without significant tire spin! Ran 0-60 in 8.86 seconds with some serious with tire spin, damn near got the truck crooked. Tried it again immediately after, thinking my tires would be hot now and stick. 8 seconds flat, but still spun them.

Think it's my All Terrain's just not getting a good grip on pavement?

Do you have an open diff???.... Are you putting it in nuetral and giving it gas then sliding it to drive??? What gears do you have????....

I have a 5.4 and have yet to get custom tunes but when i have my stock tires size on (same as yours) i cant get the tires to come out from a dead stop at all. And i have a bigger engine with a little more power.

If yours can do that on custom.... then i cant wait to get mine....:woot:

Chris74 Mon, February 16th, 2009 06:34 PM

Wow - I don't have that problem at all???? and I have a 5.4 with similar mods as you. My truck will squeel the tires a few turns.......but for the most part, it hooks pretty good and goes. I'm running stock 18" tires and have 3.73's limited slip.

twintips_17 Mon, February 16th, 2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris74 (Post 3865)
Wow - I don't have that problem at all???? and I have a 5.4 with similar mods as you. My truck will squeel the tires a few turns.......but for the most part, it hooks pretty good and goes. I'm running stock 18" tires and have 3.73's limited slip.

I have 3.55's and i can light them up around a turn but cant come close burning them on a straight shot.

When i had my stick and 4.6 i could light them up all day. Maybe he has a stick:hehe:

Dixie Design Mon, February 16th, 2009 08:04 PM

I've got the 4.6L with the 3.55 rear end and an automatic tranny. I'm telling you this baby will LIGHT UP those all terrains if I stomp the gas. I'm not revving in neutral or anything like that, just coming to a complete stop with the truck in drive, pulling up the 0-60 on my :gryphon: (checking for the law one more time) then stomping it :explosion:. Won't be trying it again anytime soon, tires are too :censored3: expensive.

Chris74 Mon, February 16th, 2009 08:06 PM

maybe he has a 3.73 but open diff in a 2wd..........and his tires are really, really bald?:nx:

Dixie Design Mon, February 16th, 2009 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris74 (Post 3876)
maybe he has a 3.73 but open diff in a 2wd..........and his tires are really, really bald?:nx:

:lol: dude, I just said I have 3.55's with All Terrains, about 4,000 miles on my tires. Nowhere near bald :)

twintips_17 Mon, February 16th, 2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixie Design (Post 3880)
:lol: dude, I just said I have 3.55's with All Terrains, about 4,000 miles on my tires. Nowhere near bald :)

Well then i wouldn't complain. I wish i coulde burn them. Are your running custom tunes???

Dixie Design Mon, February 16th, 2009 09:45 PM

lol, yeah I'm running custom tunes, went up and visited bill for live tune couple weeks ago, have an 87 octane performance tune loaded right now.