Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What else? (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1494)

Desert Racer Thu, July 23rd, 2009 07:04 PM

What else?

So I think I am running out of go fast mods. :nonod:
Here is the list of mods I have:
S&B Intake
Gryphon with custom tunes :2thumbs:
Flowmaster SI/DO
Troyer E-Fans
UD Pulleys

I know I can do headers and that is what I am saving for now. So what is left for bolt on mods? I want to do cams someday. :whistle1: So anything else you guys can think of? Besides a supercharger or turbo setup.

Thanks!:howdy:

Longshot270 Thu, July 23rd, 2009 08:11 PM

you could run nitromethane, methanol or nitrous...but then you would have to get new custom tunes and risk blowing up. lol

Jackpine Thu, July 23rd, 2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desert Racer (Post 12614)
So I think I am running out of go fast mods. :nonod:
Here is the list of mods I have:
S&B Intake
Gryphon with custom tunes :2thumbs:
Flowmaster SI/DO
Troyer E-Fans
UD Pulleys

I know I can do headers and that is what I am saving for now. So what is left for bolt on mods? I want to do cams someday. :whistle1: So anything else you guys can think of? Besides a supercharger or turbo setup.

Thanks!:howdy:

I think you'll need new tunes with headers, so that's an additional mod! :happy-dancing: You could always put in new gears too, if you want to have neck snapping acceleration and crappy mileage! :giggle:

(And I hope you didn't take offense to this! I was just having fun and you get to do anything you want to your toy!)

- Jack

Desert Racer Thu, July 23rd, 2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longshot270 (Post 12616)
you could run nitromethane, methanol or nitrous...but then you would have to get new custom tunes and risk blowing up. lol

Will pass on that one lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackandJanet (Post 12617)
I think you'll need new tunes with headers, so that's an additional mod! :happy-dancing: You could always put in new gears too, if you want to have neck snapping acceleration and crappy mileage! :giggle:

(And I hope you didn't take offense to this! I was just having fun and you get to do anything you want to your toy!)

- Jack

Well I plan on getting the tunes when I get 4.56 gears with the headers too. My 3.73 gearing and 35's are holding it back. :cheesy smile: So no more bolt on mods? :o I plan on adding the troyer valve body and larger tranny cooler along with Mag Hytech tranny DD pan and diff cover. Looks like Camburg now! :woot:

Jackpine Thu, July 23rd, 2009 10:09 PM

So, what's holding you back on installing a blower?

- Jack

88Racing Fri, July 24th, 2009 07:00 AM

Goto ebay and look up magnuson superchargers. They are down to about 2.5g now.
That will get the necks a snapp'n.
There are also these mods;
Cams
Long tube headers(not shorties)
High flow cats
Stroker kits

Lars

Desert Racer Fri, July 24th, 2009 10:37 AM

Call me werid if you want yet I'm just not a fan of a supercharger setups. Rather be all motor or a turbo. I was looking at the longtubes from troyer that come with highflow and was wondering if I should go that route? Or buy the headers and cats seperate. When I do cams I plan on doing a port and polish as well. So pretty much headers and cams is what is left besides a stroker kit.