Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   6.0L Calibration Rollback (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4573)

Corey Cohron RIP Fri, May 28th, 2010 08:45 PM

6.0L Calibration Rollback

We've heard it time and time again... "Ford reflashed my 6.0L to the 06E17 calibrations and now my truck runs like crap." Sound familiar?

Well, after dozens (or even hundreds... I've lost track) of requests for calibration rollbacks, we now offer the capability for customers to revert the ECM/TCM calibrations to the earlier, non-inferred strategies. This function works much the same as the FICM reprogramming we currently offer and is even available either in-house (you send us your controller), in-vehicle (with a loaner unit), or via internet download (for customers that already have an Evolution or Gryphon programmer).

We offer several choices for this service:

1. ECM/TCM Rollback w/Stock Calibration: This returns your ECM/TCM to a more preferred earlier strategy. This strategy is completely stock and allows for the use of any standard programmer (SCT, Evo, Bully Dog, Predator, etc) to be used without interference.
Price: $75.00 plus shipping

2. ECM/TCM Rollback w/Modified Calibration: This returns your ECM/TCM calibration to a more preferred earlier strategy and also provides you with a custom ECM/TCM tune of your choice.
Price: $150.00 plus shipping

3. ECM/TCM Rollback w/Stock Calibration and Modified FICM: This returns your ECM/TCM to a more preferred earlier strategy and also includes our hybrid FICM strategy. The ECM/TCM strategy is completely stock and allows for the use of any standard programmer (SCT, Evo, Bully Dog, Predator, etc) to be used without interference.
Price: $200.00 plus shipping (* Saves $25.00!)

4. ECM/TCM Rollback w/Modified Calibration and Modified FICM: This returns your ECM/TCM calibration to a more preferred earlier strategy, provides you with a custom ECM/TCM tune of your choice, and also includes our hybrid FICM strategy.
Price: $250.00 plus shipping (* Saves $50.00!)

5. Hardware Deposit: If you do not currently have an Evolution or a Gryphon programmer, we can loan you the programming hardware. This helps keep your costs down and allows the use of programmers from other manufacturers.
Price: $250.00 (* Fully refundable upon return of the programmer in working condition)

If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Bill, Cody or Corey from Power Hungry Performance at (678) 963-9913.

Georgia Diesel Sun, May 30th, 2010 08:29 AM

i personally love it...the old tec3 on my truck is awesome..more power stock, better fuel mileage..what else can you ask for.

eabrust Sun, May 30th, 2010 11:24 AM

Very cool stuff.

Can you help out the 'un-ititiated'?

Is this primarily for 03-04 builds, or 05-07, or do you have something good for both?
Do you have any rough strategy ranges that you would say it is worth it for?
(ie, I have a VXCF7h3 strat on an '06, one of the latest and worst?). :shrug:

If one already has custom tunes written for there existing strategy, is this addititive? (ie, if you roll back the ecm, then re-do the tunes, to you gain more yet?)

Thanks for keeping up with such great tweaks. The remote tuning ability is especially neat to hear!

regards,
Eric

Georgia Diesel Sun, May 30th, 2010 12:58 PM

yes eric, this is for all years...each year model truck had different strategys.the earlier ones are alot better than the later ones..now he can not put a 03 stat on a 06 or 07 truck but he can roll back the current stat to a early one.like we put my truck back to the strat it had the day it rolled of the factory line but later we changed it to a tec 3 strat now..lil better fuel and power on the tec 3...its well worth the investment ...just my two cents

HeavyAssault Wed, June 2nd, 2010 08:15 AM

I loved the original Tow/Haul down shifting of my '04 but that was taken away with updates. I have tried to get tuners to replicate that style of TH with no success.

Is it possible to get that TCM strategy on my '06? Are there any recommended strategies for different years?

Jeremy Wed, June 2nd, 2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeavyAssault (Post 34868)
Is it possible to get that TCM strategy on my '06?

No not yet, Bill is working on it here and there when he gets time, he's getting close but does'nt have it done yet.

knkanji Wed, June 2nd, 2010 05:37 PM

Is it possible to get the pilot injection back in the 03's?

Jeremy Wed, June 2nd, 2010 09:56 PM

Yes if thats what you want...

MJ365 Sun, June 6th, 2010 09:26 PM

Thanks for coming out with this service. Emailed an order form in the other day. Really looking forward to having my truck's attitude sent back in time.

Farmer11 Tue, June 8th, 2010 07:02 PM

what is the difference between pilot injection and whatever it has now???