Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Gryphon FICM tuner / VXCF9 Strategy (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8223)

ebusa Thu, April 5th, 2012 11:37 AM

Gryphon FICM tuner / VXCF9 Strategy

Hey guys,

New to the PHP forum...

I just ordered a Gryphon FICM tuner with the 4 tunes a 15 minutes ago. I have VXCF9 strategy, and my truck runs great with it.

I run a custom SCT mild street tune (KEM) daily and I like some of the features including turbo vane sweep, etc..

Has anyone on here tuned thier FICM with this strategy running ECM stock or tuned?

I'm just looking for feedback on any improved mpg, throttle response, and if cold starts good??

Jeremy Fri, April 6th, 2012 09:33 PM

I did, the truck ran great. However, it ran alot better when I switched to my VXCF5 PCM. I don't know what mpg did, i did not check it. Cold starts remained the same as the FICM programs have the better Inductive Heating that came with the lastest FICM flashes.

ebusa Sat, April 7th, 2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 57138)
I did, the truck ran great. However, it ran alot better when I switched to my VXCF5 PCM. I don't know what mpg did, i did not check it. Cold starts remained the same as the FICM programs have the better Inductive Heating that came with the lastest FICM flashes.

Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping that the inductive heat that is being used in the gryphon ficm programmer is based off my later strategy VXCF9. I'm going to call Bill on Monday to find out.

I'm really hoping my cold starts remain good after tuning the FICM! Especially matched with a tuned ECM. I plan on only using economy and Atlas 40. I want to stay with VXCF9 since have spent a lot of money on custom tunes from various vendors.

ebusa Tue, April 10th, 2012 07:17 PM

I spoke with Bill today and he confirmed that he does indeed use the latest I/H that is combined when VXCF9 is flashed. My tuner has shipped so I will post up my feedback next week. :thumbs up yellow:

Odawg714 Thu, April 12th, 2012 11:27 PM

Uhhhhhhhh

freeride808 Fri, April 27th, 2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebusa (Post 57226)
I spoke with Bill today and he confirmed that he does indeed use the latest I/H that is combined when VXCF9 is flashed. My tuner has shipped so I will post up my feedback next week. :thumbs up yellow:

Any update?:woot:

ebusa Fri, April 27th, 2012 10:33 PM

My truck runs much better with a ficm tune! Huge improvement in throttle response!

Great power increase, idles smoother and power delivery is more linear. I noticed my shifting is better and smoother. Low end take off is completely effortless now and less lag with my Pmax. I am very happy with the purchase.

I am only running the econo ficm tune with an aggtow tune for a daily driver and my truck runs awesome. I've tried lots of different custom tunes with the ficm tuner and really like this combo for a daily driver.

:thumbs up yellow:

Power Hungry Fri, April 27th, 2012 11:23 PM

That's awesome, Evan. Glad to hear it's working well for you. Just wait until you get the nerve up to play with the Atlas 40 or the Atlas 80 tunes. It'll run like a completely different truck! :D

Let us know what you see as far as fuel economy goes. We'd like to have some more feedback on that if possible. So far it's been extremely positive.

Have a great weekend.