Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   PowerMax GT3788VA and Atlas 40? (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8678)

amdriven2liv Wed, May 9th, 2012 01:10 PM

PowerMax GT3788VA and Atlas 40?

I had sent my FICM off to be repaired and tuned with the Atlas 40. At the time, Monday, I was all stock.

Move on to Tuesday, I was cleaning my turbo and low and behold, snapped off one of the posts that the turbo vanes ride on. So, I ordered a new PowerMax GT3788VA.

How well do these 2 work together? I have zero tunes, except what is coming on the FICM.

Any thoughts on this pairing?

Currently have vxbc9nb amz2al11

ebusa Thu, May 10th, 2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amdriven2liv (Post 58361)
I had sent my FICM off to be repaired and tuned with the Atlas 40. At the time, Monday, I was all stock.

Move on to Tuesday, I was cleaning my turbo and low and behold, snapped off one of the posts that the turbo vanes ride on. So, I ordered a new PowerMax GT3788VA.

How well do these 2 work together? I have zero tunes, except what is coming on the FICM.

Any thoughts on this pairing?

Currently have vxbc9nb amz2al11

The Altas 40 FICM tune noticably improves any lag with the Pmax.

If you are running stock ECM then you did the right thing by having your FICM tuned with the pmax. :thumbs up yellow:

An ecm tune such as a aggtow or street would really make a difference.

amdriven2liv Thu, May 10th, 2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebusa (Post 58399)
The Altas 40 FICM tune noticably improves any lag with the Pmax.

If you are running stock ECM then you did the right thing by having your FICM tuned with the pmax. :thumbs up yellow:

An ecm tune such as a aggtow or street would really make a difference.

Well, maybe my luck has turned! :cheesy smile:

I'm all stock, so I was hoping the Atlas 40 would benefit the turbo.

Glad to have your input on this!!

ebusa Tue, May 22nd, 2012 03:26 PM

Did you get the Atlas 40? How do you like it with the PMax? Do you have custom SCT tunes?

HeavyAssault Wed, May 23rd, 2012 06:52 AM

I'm running TSD SPD for SCT tuning, Atlas 40, the PowerMax and a GOGO manifold. Adding the Atlas 40 to the above mods has given me even better drivability than before. Pedal input and motor response is quite easy. Turbo spools with very little lag compared to stock.

I'd suggest even getting a mild SCT tune to make your combo just that much nicer.

amdriven2liv Mon, June 4th, 2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeavyAssault (Post 58654)
I'm running TSD SPD for SCT tuning, Atlas 40, the PowerMax and a GOGO manifold. Adding the Atlas 40 to the above mods has given me even better drivability than before. Pedal input and motor response is quite easy. Turbo spools with very little lag compared to stock.

I'd suggest even getting a mild SCT tune to make your combo just that much nicer.

Like the thought.

We have "snap" testing here for emissions.

So far, the Atlas 40 and Pmax seem to be working well together. Just thinking a tune might make them a little better.