Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Site Feedback (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Forum Question - Members Please View (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=557)

Corey Cohron RIP Sat, February 21st, 2009 04:33 PM

Forum Question - Members Please View

Hi there Wonderful Form Members,

When we went with Neal (Dixie Design) a couple of weeks ago, I found out that he does commercial printing. I thought that was pretty cool since we, obviously, have a lot of things printed. It's not that I'm looking for a discount! The way I put it to Neal is that I'd rather give money to someone I KNOW than some company that I don't know -- especially in this economy when we can all use the business.

It got me thinking: How many members might benefit from posting about their businesses on here? That's awkward. What I mean is this: If you have some kind of business, would you be willing to post about it -- give some details about products, services, location, etc. -- so that other members in the market for your product or service might throw business your way?

Like painters -- gosh, we have no time to paint the interior of our home, and I'm going to wind up hiring someone. If there was a member on here who lived fairly close, I could potentially hire that person and know that I was benefitting one of our forum members.

Or do you think it might cause too many problems? Sometimes doing business with someone you know causes issues if there is something wrong with the work or product; in that way, it's easier to do business with a stranger.

This is just a thought, Guys (I think I'm still the only female on here). I need feedback. Obviously, I'm on the fence about it, so I need YOUR opinions!

Thanks in advance. Oh, and if you've read this far down and are a member, answer the damn poll. :skeptic: :hehe:

seeleyra Sat, February 21st, 2009 04:56 PM

Might as well! Kokopuff (I couldn't remember how to spell it) is always letting us know of deals and stuff. (maybe member discounts too)! LOLOLOL

TA2Dsailor Sat, February 21st, 2009 05:33 PM

I think this is a good idea :2thumbs: The only down side is there could be some drama. I'm also on a welding forum :welder: and if people are unhappy :thumbsdwn: for what ever reason it turns into a big ordeal. people get banned or stop using the forum do to the way they express there dissatisfaction:cursin:. As long as members act like adults there should be no issues. Bottom line i'm for it.:cheesy smile:

Jackpine Sat, February 21st, 2009 07:31 PM

Corey, it can be a mixed bag. I voted yes, because I feel a member would feel at least slightly close to another member and would want to provide good service. But, if one member's perception of good service is different than the other's there are problems. Overall, though, I say, go for it.

- Jack

SinCityFX4 Sat, February 21st, 2009 10:01 PM

I say go for it......if people can act like adults it should be no problem.

Cause we are all very mature here..:smiley_roll1::skeptic::hehe::yesnod::rofl:

Corey Cohron RIP Thu, February 26th, 2009 11:52 AM

:connie_mini_bump:

JWBFX4 Thu, February 26th, 2009 11:54 AM

I say go for it also, I think it would be a good idea:thumbs up yellow:

88Racing Thu, February 26th, 2009 02:57 PM

Go 4 it!

That's a yes vote from me.

Pros and cons to everything in this world. So if your gut is telling you yes then go ahead. On the other hand no means no also.

Thanx for letting us vote.

Lars

jfuller5 Thu, February 26th, 2009 07:04 PM

YuP

Sounds Good , Word of mouth is the #1 Seller!

coggerwayne Thu, February 26th, 2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackandJanet (Post 4337)
Corey, it can be a mixed bag. I voted yes, because I feel a member would feel at least slightly close to another member and would want to provide good service. But, if one member's perception of good service is different than the other's there are problems. Overall, though, I say, go for it.

- Jack

I agree with above - but if anyone wants to come up north and do some snow removal from my driveway I/m all for it. I/m sick of winter already!:thumbsdwn: