Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Prayer Requests (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Prayers for PHP (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2163)

88Racing Wed, November 11th, 2009 09:02 AM

Prayers for PHP

Let's just take a little time and send our thoughts and prayers PHP's way. Both Wil and Corey have the flu. Poor Bill is running the office again by himself.
Hope you guys get to feeling better!
In God's Grace
Lars

Corey Cohron RIP Wed, November 11th, 2009 05:20 PM

Lars, thank you so much for starting this thread! I was just about to post down here and was delighted to find your post. :)

It looks as if Wil is about two days behind me with the flu, so the doctor is confident the Tamiflu should squash his.

Unfortunately, mine is in my chest, and that's always a concern. This year, they started me out on seven days of steroids for my lungs (ironically, it's one year to the day that I had my last chest x-ray!), and if it's anything like last year, I'll be in a lot of pain in about five days -- steroids do terrible things to your body. That's kind of scaring me a bit, but crying just exacerbates the breathing problems, so I've been trying not to. The body aches and headache suck, but they're tolerable. It's the lung thing that's got me bedridden.

I won't be on here for the next few days. My fingers hurt, and it's hard to type. I've even banished Billy to the couch for the next several days, and he isn't allowed to sleep in our bed! :giggle: I was told that only certain groups are being treated (not vaccinated, but TREATED) for the flu. Wil and I fall into that category because of our asthma, but if Billy gets it, he's just going to have to ride it out as we treat his symptoms.

For those of you reading this, please say a quick prayer that not only I get better but that Bill doesn't come down with it!

Thank you so much for the prayers. I know they work!

BlackSTX Wed, November 11th, 2009 05:56 PM

Hope the meds work better than expected. The flu can be bad enough on its own, but when you tie in other conditions it only makes things worse.
Prayers are sent, it's in His hands. I hope He has things back to normal soon.

ChuckD Wed, November 11th, 2009 09:50 PM

Get well soon. Hot Toddys rock. Get plenty:snoring:

Georgia Diesel Thu, November 12th, 2009 06:16 AM

Sorry to hear yall are sick.. That flu is some tough stuff.I done had it back in august.I hope yall get doing better soon.

Corey Cohron RIP Thu, November 12th, 2009 03:02 PM

Add Liam to the list -- 101 fever since about midnight. Doc is calling in a prescription for Tamiflu.

Jackpine Thu, November 12th, 2009 06:24 PM

Oh crap, Corey! You guys don't need that at all. Maybe, it was just Nature's way of telling YOU to "slow down", but I bet Wil and Liam didn't need that "advice".

You're in my thoughts, sweetie, and in Janet's too! Get well soon!

- Jack (and Janet)

JWBFX4 Thu, November 12th, 2009 09:40 PM

Sorry to hear about all of the bad luck.

cleatus12r Fri, November 13th, 2009 07:26 PM

It was from the Roulette table! :whistle1:
Jess has been a little flu-ish lately too. Our thoughts are with you and your family!

sam8 Fri, November 13th, 2009 08:55 PM

It has been a rough year for you guys, we'll be praying for you all.