Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   emergancy failed smog need to talk to bill (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8138)

epowers777 Wed, March 21st, 2012 08:58 PM

emergancy failed smog need to talk to bill

Well i just got back from the smog shop. He failes me. he told me the computer has been whipped clean and i had to remove the banks 6 gun. I was like banks what? I hid the switch as instructed by the previous posts when i bought the fu chip. I was told it would pass fine. Well it failed and i have stage 2 single shot injectors. So what can i do? Bill please call me 5309660003 . My baby is due next month and the truck is the only vehicle that can carry my 2 babys. registration is due the end of the month.
Also he stating i needed a catalytic convertor or go to Ford and print a peice of paper stating it didnt come with a cat. please help here is the VIN 1ftww33f3xee84687
Do I need a Cat?

f350 7.3l dually stage 2 single shot injectors by rosewood injectors
fu chip 6 position custom tunes

Longshot270 Wed, March 21st, 2012 09:25 PM

I left a message for Cody.

In the mean time I'd work on getting the catalytic converter or note that the truck doesn't need one.

epowers777 Wed, March 21st, 2012 09:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ok thanks i feraking out. If I have to send the computer to bill my wife and kids cant go anywhere and i have child custody on Tuesday. the inspector said the sticker on the door and hood are rubbed off and the sticker on the valve cover was gone. Well the valve cover sticker is in the file and it says its a 2000 model b235cf. What i read is it doesnt need a cat is that correct?
Catalytic Converter for a 1999-2003 Ford Diesel 7.3l [Archive] - Pirate4x4.Com
Bottom

cleatus12r Wed, March 21st, 2012 09:54 PM

If the valve cover sticker says "DC" or "DOC", then you NEED a catalytic converter.

Since the sticker is gone, you'll have to get a build sheet from Ford.

If your inspection guy doesn't like your truck having a chip on it, you'll need a reflash. Bill WILL NOT be available for the last week of the month (as per the announcement at the top of the page) and unless you want to pay for overnight shipping both ways (likely about $80 each way), it won't be done by the end of the month.

epowers777 Wed, March 21st, 2012 10:08 PM

Cleatus nice to hear from you. I would like to talk to bill about an idea I have. if i reburn my computer will i need to get my 6 programs redone also? if someone wants to call me my number is on the first post.

emission codes: ecm,tc,di,cac

dietoremain Thu, March 22nd, 2012 01:14 AM

Not to sound shady, but ca is a joke, there's plenty of smog guys that wont give ya the run around bs like that guy is.. just gotta know who to go to man. sorry you're having troubles..

Thats the one thing that makes me wanna get outta here, that and the stupid traffic.

epowers777 Thu, March 22nd, 2012 01:30 AM

do you know anyone in auburn roseville sacermento or marysville?

Power Hungry Thu, March 22nd, 2012 02:50 AM

Eric,

If the truck is a 1999 to 2001 Automatic, it should NOT have come with a catalytic converter on it so you wouldn't need one to pass emissions. Since your emissions codes did not include DC or DOC, the emissions guy can stick the whole catalytic converter garbage up his butt. Honestly, go find someplace else to take your truck for testing. I think this guy was just being a prick. You shouldn't have any problem passing emissions with Stage 2 Single injectors, and we've got a number of customers in Calif. that pass without problem.

As to the reflash, if you did have the ECM reflashed you would NOT need to change the chip. The chip overrides the ECM strategy and would ignore whatever strategy the ECM is programmed to.

Unfortunately, we will be out of the office all next week. If worse comes to worse, you are usually able to apply for an emissions extension which allows you something like 30 days to get the vehicle repaired. You'll have to check with your local tag agency to determine what the eligibility requirements are.

I'll be happy to give you a shout in the morning as soon as we get back from Corey's Dr. appointment.

epowers777 Thu, March 22nd, 2012 03:34 PM

Bill I thank you for your response. You can call me anytime that is convient for you. I was wondering if maybe we can do a trade for flashing the pcm and of course pay my fees. i would pretty much like a stock or smokeless tune. I was hoping we could do a pcm trade cause of my situation. Thanks Bill

Shake-N-Bake Thu, March 22nd, 2012 04:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by epowers777 (Post 56776)
Cleatus nice to hear from you. I would like to talk to bill about an idea I have. if i reburn my computer will i need to get my 6 programs redone also? if someone wants to call me my number is on the first post.

emission codes: ecm,tc,di,cac

According to your valve cover sticker, your truck did not have a cat. The attached photo shows two different stickers for 1999 models. The lower (black) sticker has "OC" listed....which means it came with a catalytic converter.

If your truck is a 1999 model, then perhaps you can print out this photo and show to your emissions inspector.
Hope this helps...