Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hello from Tx (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5216)

Colt Sat, September 11th, 2010 11:58 PM

Hello from Tx

Hi guys :howdy:

I've been browsing around for a while, then decided to join up to ask a few questions and what not..

I'm a total gear head, as you can tell from my sig. If it has a engine, chances are it's modified. Even my weedeater is modifed, it's a crazy thing..

The reason I'm here is for my '00 F-250. Awesome truck that has never let me down. Unlike the others I own. She's no spring chicken, with 228K hard miles. It's my primary tow rig, it's even been known to go down the drag strip a few times ( with a best time of 13.6 at 98 MPH in 6500 air density ). It's not highly modifed, this truck has just always ran strong, more so than any other 7.3 I've ever had experience with.

The other trucks, they run when they want to. The F-450 is a great truck, with only 4 trips to the dealer in 68K miles HAHA. The F-350, it has a reserved parking spot at the dealer with 87K miles.

The F-250 has a Wicked Wheel, manual wastegate controler, and a Edge Evolution. It's getting a set of Stage 2 injectors as we speak, a 4 or 5 inch exhaust ( haven't decided yet ). I'll be porting the compressor housing, and intake while it's down. I might even throw a cold air kit on it. Has quite a few "homebrew" mods that probably dont do much of anything.

The F-350 has a Edge W/ Attitude, and a 4 inch Magnaflow exhaust system on it. Has head studs, and EGR delete. Hasnt been in the dealership since those 2 mods.

The F-450 has a Edge W Attitude, been considering putting a exhaust system on it.. It has head studs, no EGR delete yet due to warranty. It's a awesome truck, reason it's not the primary tow rig is due to the service body. It's my service truck, my best guess at weight is 14K as it sits, she's a big, heavy girl. It's really hard not to go to Ford right now and order a F-550 for a new tow rig, I might do it after the 6.7 has been out for a while and proves reliable. No more 6.0's or 6.4's for me.. The F-450 and F-550 are just a whole different level of truck, I doubt I'll ever buy anything "smaller" again.

My cars and the Dodge are toys.. The Dodge was my first truck, even though I'm a Ford man, that Dodge has been a great truck. It's basicly a toy now. I'm looking for a diesel setup to toss in it, the plan is to bomb it ( twins, the works ), use it to tow the race car trailer, and do a bit of drag racing.

I have a ton of knowledge when it comes to tuning gasoline EFI engines. I've worked with MegaSquirt ( it's on the 79 ), Bigstuff, Fast and a few others. I've never tuned a diesel, so thats why I'm here, for my F-250.. Hopefully I can provide more help, than I ask for..

StripperDJ Sun, September 12th, 2010 07:05 AM

Welcome

Longshot270 Sun, September 12th, 2010 10:44 PM

Welcome, if you've already got experience tuning gassers then I bet the diesels will be a breeze.

Colt Sun, September 12th, 2010 11:58 PM

Thanks guys :cool: I bet I'll catch on to the diesel tuning pretty quick. There are a few things that will be totally new, some wont. It should actually be easier once I wrap my head around everything.

88Racing Mon, September 13th, 2010 11:43 AM

Welcome!:)

F-127 Mon, September 13th, 2010 01:43 PM

Welcome, I see you found the Minotaur forum. Always great to have another addition there!