Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   just about a happy camper (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9217)

bk78 Tue, August 21st, 2012 05:22 PM

just about a happy camper

I'm just about there. i received my tunes today but i can't seem to update my edge programmer. HELP PLEASE!!!!! when i click install it says error contact PHP.

thanks in advance Brad

bk78 Tue, August 21st, 2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bk78 (Post 60542)
I'm just about there. i received my tunes today but i can't seem to update my edge programmer. HELP PLEASE!!!!! when i click install it says error contact PHP.

thanks in advance Brad

Anyone?

CaptFX4 Tue, August 21st, 2012 09:12 PM

BK78

I saw where you posted at 11 ish and said you ordered your tunes on June 24th and its been about 60 days with your expected ship date of July 22.
How were you notified they were done? I ordered on June 24th as well with an expected ship date of July 19th. Nothing for me yet.
I have seen where they are very busy at PHP and I haven't tried to call, I've just let things happen as they will.

Are you connecting through Pegasus?

Longshot270 Wed, August 22nd, 2012 01:10 PM

Here is a checklist,
1) Make sure the internet connection is good and does not have a shared load from other processes. Some people are like me and still using various kinds of telephone based hardware.

2) Make sure nothing else is running on the computer. Splitting computational capabilities will usually cause things to time out on Pegasus.

3) Issues are also caused by firewalls

4) In Pegasus, see if you can use the Pegasus Update Manager, if that works everything mentioned before this are good. If not, Bill needs to get involved as it may be a serial number/target issue.

bk78 Wed, August 22nd, 2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longshot270 (Post 60578)
Here is a checklist,
1) Make sure the internet connection is good and does not have a shared load from other processes. Some people are like me and still using various kinds of telephone based hardware.

2) Make sure nothing else is running on the computer. Splitting computational capabilities will usually cause things to time out on Pegasus.

3) Issues are also caused by firewalls

4) In Pegasus, see if you can use the Pegasus Update Manager, if that works everything mentioned before this are good. If not, Bill needs to get involved as it may be a serial number/target issue.

I got that all figured out but when I was installing the programmer on my truck last night my battery died in the middle of it and when I bought a new battery today my programmer is blank and won't do anything. Did this fry my programmer? Since it was not done installing is there anything wrong with my trucks computer now? It stalls out at red lights now? Please help if you can Longshot270

Thanks Brad

Longshot270 Wed, August 22nd, 2012 05:27 PM

Wow, you are lucky you could crank the truck.

When you say it is blank, does it light up? Was the programmer plugged in when you reconnected the new battery?

bk78 Wed, August 22nd, 2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longshot270 (Post 60604)
Wow, you are lucky you could crank the truck.

When you say it is blank, does it light up? Was the programmer plugged in when you reconnected the new battery?

Programmer wasn't plugged in when I connected the new battery. It lights up just nothing on the screen. I sat in my truck for over a hour waiting for the tunes to load and all my programmer said was "reading PCM" for over a hour the battery died.

Longshot270 Wed, August 22nd, 2012 06:33 PM

Try disconnecting and reconnecting with the key in the "On" position. If that doesn't work, plug it into the computer and see if Pegasus recognizes it.

bk78 Wed, August 22nd, 2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longshot270 (Post 60610)
Try disconnecting and reconnecting with the key in the "On" position. If that doesn't work, plug it into the computer and see if Pegasus recognizes it.

Pegasus won't recognize it. And my truck is stalling out when I come to a stop at a light. The programmer is not in my truck. Should I post in the emergency section ? I don't want to screw my truck. Should I get it re flashed by ford? All this for just trying to add a few extra HP.

Longshot270 Wed, August 22nd, 2012 08:17 PM

Go ahead and post in the emergency section with as much info as possible. You probably won't need to get reflashed.