Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   MPG drop after ported housing and HPOP install (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7630)

Fordasaurus Tue, January 3rd, 2012 10:50 PM

MPG drop after ported housing and HPOP install

Put in ported housing and Adrenaline HPOP. It solved the surge issue and runs really well. Down side is that highway mileage has dropped off to 14.5 from 19. Comparing when running the 80DD. Thoughts?

7.3 X with FU

rammertide07 Wed, January 4th, 2012 07:26 AM

Are you calculating by hand or do you have a over head display you are going by?

907DAVE Wed, January 4th, 2012 10:33 PM

Have you had a chance to drive it normal yet?

I know as soon as I do a new mod fuel mileage drastically reduces for awhile.

LOL

Fordasaurus Thu, January 5th, 2012 08:30 PM

I've had the X for 10 years now and have always used the factory MPG gauge to monitor progress of mod changes; it's been very consistent. I have a 56 mile one way run most days so i get a chance to contrast and compare. Switching to stock, i actually get worse MPG's. With it in 80 DD it's best and seems to level out at 14.8 - 15 mpg. I'm not getting excessive smoke, it runs and sounds really good. No surge and very good shifting. I previously have gotten 18 - 19 on the same stretch.

I know i haven't given much to go on but just trying to account for anything i should check or monitor as a result of the swap. Despite the drop, i am happy with the performance; will work to optimize to get my mileage back

ticopowell Fri, January 6th, 2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordasaurus (Post 54272)
I've had the X for 10 years now and have always used the factory MPG gauge to monitor progress of mod changes; it's been very consistent. I have a 56 mile one way run most days so i get a chance to contrast and compare. Switching to stock, i actually get worse MPG's. With it in 80 DD it's best and seems to level out at 14.8 - 15 mpg. I'm not getting excessive smoke, it runs and sounds really good. No surge and very good shifting. I previously have gotten 18 - 19 on the same stretch.

I know i haven't given much to go on but just trying to account for anything i should check or monitor as a result of the swap. Despite the drop, i am happy with the performance; will work to optimize to get my mileage back

The Issue that I see is that you are using the factory mpg gauge... This works ok, but with aftermarket tuning and parts the computer can no longer calculate correctly the mileage. i recommend hand calculating the mileage to see what your truck is really doing. :)

dietoremain Sat, January 7th, 2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticopowell (Post 54274)
The Issue that I see is that you are using the factory mpg gauge... This works ok, but with aftermarket tuning and parts the computer can no longer calculate correctly the mileage. i recommend hand calculating the mileage to see what your truck is really doing. :)

:whathesaid::whathesaid:

garyfink Thu, February 16th, 2012 04:49 PM

did you change where you get fuel?