Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gryphon Programmer (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   woah wth (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3459)

Unleashedford Fri, March 5th, 2010 10:20 PM

woah wth

i just installed my gryphon and i have it a few days to average my MPG but its at 12-13, anyone might know why its so bad? should the intake, exhuast and gryphon help the mpg?!

88Racing Fri, March 5th, 2010 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unleashedford (Post 26662)
i just installed my gryphon and i have it a few days to average my MPG but its at 12-13, anyone might know why its so bad? should the intake, exhuast and gryphon help the mpg?!

Winter blend fuel.
Level 2 runs richer.
Give it 4 tanks to get the correct average.

Please read my sig and do as requested then maybe you might get more direct answers.

Jackpine Sat, March 6th, 2010 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Racing (Post 26664)
Winter blend fuel.
Level 2 runs richer.
Give it 4 tanks to get the correct average.

Please read my sig and do as requested then maybe you might get more direct answers.

And, I wouldn't put too much stock in the Gryphon's Fuel Econ display. Make sure your odometer is recording the distance correctly and calculate your mileage the old fashioned way at each fillup. The Gryphon display will give you "trend" information though.

- Jack

Unleashedford Sat, March 6th, 2010 04:13 PM

yeah i heard what happened and i am very sorry and my prayers be with her,

but i was just wondering if anyone would know why it would do that, im on my third tank with the gryphon

its
2004 xlt 5.4 triton supercrew, and its still showing 12-13 mpg

Longshot270 Sat, March 6th, 2010 04:32 PM

Its probably just the kind of driving your doing. Those are just a bit lower than my city average. I usually get about 13 because of stop and go traffic. Do you have any other mods like heavier tires? Also what is your stock gear ratio? You could try going into the custom options menu and lower the 3rd and 4th gear shifts and the 4th gear torque converter lock point (both lock and unlock). That might give you a small improvement. When I did that I got an extra mpg or two in the city.

88Racing Sat, March 6th, 2010 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unleashedford (Post 26755)
yeah i heard what happened and i am very sorry and my prayers be with her,

but i was just wondering if anyone would know why it would do that, im on my third tank with the gryphon

its
2004 xlt 5.4 triton supercrew, and its still showing 12-13 mpg

You need to fill out the rest of your user cp!
Just your name is there.

That's about where my mpg's are right now with the winter blend crap gas.

Longshot270 Sat, March 6th, 2010 11:41 PM

I was out testing my new off road lights and I remembered the graphs I made two weeks ago that compared the IECON with various parameters from pedal position to mph. I found that I was getting better mileage with the RPMs a little higher than I did before but only if the resulting engine load was lower. Afterwards I adjusted my driving habits and my mileage has improved a tiny bit from smarter pedal control. For my truck keeping the RPMs between 1800 to 2200 unless I was cruising got the best mileage. For cruising you just want to be in the highest gear possible to keep the RPM low. I also have a 4.6L so that favorable RPM might be lower for the 5.4L considering it is a bigger engine and has more power.

Unleashedford Mon, March 8th, 2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longshot270 (Post 26757)
Its probably just the kind of driving your doing. Those are just a bit lower than my city average. I usually get about 13 because of stop and go traffic. Do you have any other mods like heavier tires? Also what is your stock gear ratio? You could try going into the custom options menu and lower the 3rd and 4th gear shifts and the 4th gear torque converter lock point (both lock and unlock). That might give you a small improvement. When I did that I got an extra mpg or two in the city.

3.53? i think

Jackpine Mon, March 8th, 2010 06:09 PM

Here's a list of OEM rear axle codes. You can find the code for your truck on your driver's door sticker.
19 = 3.55 open
H9 = 3.55 LSD
26 = 3.73 open
B6 = 3.73 LSD
27 = 3.31 open
18 = 3.08 open
25 = 4.10 open
B5 = 4.10 LSD
- Jack

Unleashedford Mon, March 8th, 2010 08:28 PM

there you go, h9 3.55