Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   1972 and Older Vintage Vehicles (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Last Big Block Mustang (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792)

Brickhouse Mon, March 23rd, 2009 02:53 PM

Last Big Block Mustang

Hey All, Being there's so little in this section. I figured I would post up one of my toys.

1971 Mustang 429 SCJ-R (Super Cobra Jet, Ram-Air Drag-pack) Mach-1

Numbers, documented, 3rd party validated. The Last Big Block stang ever produced for general production.

www.brickhouse429.com

P.S. Would sell if a price was right, as everything is always for sale.

88Racing Mon, March 23rd, 2009 05:22 PM

Whoa Baby!

Definately king of the muscle cars.

One sweet look'n ride.

Cool! Even has its own web page!

Lars

johnnyd Mon, March 23rd, 2009 07:11 PM

That's a pretty rare pony there! Very nice :drool2:

Power Hungry Mon, March 23rd, 2009 07:40 PM

What else can I say but... Suh-WEET! :D

cj3511 Mon, March 23rd, 2009 08:03 PM

Nice

:drool2: Yes sweet !

Jim

JWBFX4 Mon, March 23rd, 2009 08:22 PM

very nice ride :drool2:

Brickhouse Tue, March 24th, 2009 08:20 AM

Thanks everyone. I don't get to drive it to often. At about 8 gals per mile with a tail wind, and needing two bottles of 105 boost per tank, it a bit pricy to drive. Plus all the bad drivers out there.

But WOOHOO she's fast.

We had a car show at our local Ford dealer a few years ago. I was running late to meet up with the club. I got stopped just behind one car at a R&R crossing, in the left hand lane. Some club members saw me, and started to head out over to the site (being I was the last car to arrive). Well, I didn't want to be last in line, so I did a U-turn ounce the R&R opened up. This is, I just tapped the throttle with the wheel turned. They still talk about it in the club. A 180 from left lane to left lane. About :yikes2: my pants. Plus being all original, I blew out the water pump seal. It was still worth it. Eyes popping out and all.

Currently, it's in storage next to an original 70 Shelby GT-350. Another nice ride. But I would eat it alive, and still have room for desert. :cool_beans:

AZFX4 Fri, December 25th, 2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brickhouse (Post 6363)
Hey All, Being there's so little in this section. I figured I would post up one of my toys.

1971 Mustang 429 SCJ-R (Super Cobra Jet, Ram-Air Drag-pack) Mach-1

Numbers, documented, 3rd party validated. The Last Big Block stang ever produced for general production.

www.brickhouse429.com

P.S. Would sell if a price was right, as everything is always for sale.

Wow.... :drool2:

Beautiful car! :thumbs up yellow:

cleatus12r Sat, December 26th, 2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brickhouse (Post 6448)
Plus all the bad drivers out there.

That one reason alone would keep me from driving it.