Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gryphon Programmer (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Please Help Trying to contact PHP people (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7703)

mmandley Mon, January 16th, 2012 11:43 PM

Please Help Trying to contact PHP people

:help: I have been trying to contact Bill, Corey, anyone who can actually help with my Programmer i bought here.

I originally had my 06 F150 and bought the programmer. Had custom tunes for it.

Then bought an 06 F350 6.0 and Bill flashed it over to Diesel and did a FICM flash on the truck.

Now i have a 08 F350 and want to flash the programmer over for it. Just a simple all stock DPF still installed program so i can monitor temps, and run a little better tune till fall when i can get the DPF delete done.

I also would would need the pod for it and i have saddle interior.

I have Emailed everyone several times since 1/2/2012
I PMed Bill and Corey
I also FB Messaged Bill
Lastly i tried Instant Message on FB to Bill.

I know there busy buts like i said this has been going on for more then 2 weeks.

If there is no support for this then ok just let me know, but i have read other posts since 1/2/2012 stating there is still support for this product.

I would like to get confirmation before i mail the programmer back in and also want to make sure its just 100 bucks. Also would you like the ECM codes off my programer for the new truck? As it does connect and read temps and give me some info, i just cant load tunes sicne its the wrong Firmware.

Please help

Thanks

Long time member

Mike Mandley

ticopowell Tue, January 17th, 2012 01:39 AM

Have you tried their live chat? It might help...

88Racing Tue, January 17th, 2012 09:08 AM

You may be SOL.....an upgrade in programmers might be necessary.....php will have to confirm.....

mmandley Tue, January 17th, 2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticopowell (Post 54589)
Have you tried their live chat? It might help...

No didnt know they had one.

@88Racing that would suck at this point but i think at least some responce from them would be nice. I have never had this much trouble getting ahold of them and im an avid supporter, i plug there products anytime i can.

Jeremiah25 Wed, January 18th, 2012 02:29 AM

Good luck

Project Pat Fri, January 20th, 2012 03:56 PM

Utilizing the "Live Chat" will be your best option. I had been struggling to speak with them as well but finally gave the Live Chat a shot this morning and Im good to go now.

patrick.leonard Tue, January 24th, 2012 08:18 AM

Yeah man I am having the same problem. I have been trying since mid November. They almost NEVER answer their phones. And if they do the person you need is taking the day off. Ive emailed Bill 3 or 4 times and hes never responded. I emailed Cody I believe seeking help and he redirected me to Bill. Ive tried the live chat thing. Some people have jobs for a living and its hard to contact a company when they only open for 6 hours a day. I'm getting to the point were I am going to take my business elsewhere, not because the product (I love the Gryphon) but because their support is non existent. All I need done is have the damn thing unlocked and that is it. Why is it soooo hard to get help with a simple problem.

fordtuff247 Tue, January 24th, 2012 09:48 AM

@patrick.leonard .. I've been having the same communication issue with PHP since before Thanksgiving & I still can't get anyone to answer the phone. In December when I did get someone to answer I set up an appt. for Bill to call me later in the day and no one ever called me (this happened 3 times) not to mention the communication through facebook that always fell though. I know Corey has been having health problems & I've been more than patient to wait for a solution to my problem but I foresee a trip to ford in the imminent future to restore my truck back to stock and I'll just program it with canned tunes for now on. Good luck on your issue.

Sidney Wed, January 25th, 2012 07:25 PM

HELP!

In early summer of 2011 I purchased an Edge Tuner for my 2007 Ford FX4. I was not informed that their product would not perform on my truck with the modifications made to my vehicle (cold air box & magna flow exhaust.) The program in the Edge programmer would put my truck in the limp home mode. I immediately contacted PHP and told them of the problem I had encountered & sent the programmer to them to be recalibrated. When I got the tuner back I was still experiencing the same problems as before. Since November of 2011 I have spoken with PHP on the phone several times giving additional information and as of yet (1/24/12) still no results. I have given my cell phone number and e-mail address on various occasions and still no response. I have over $500.00 invested in a useless programmer that is no more than a monitor.

We have been unable to contact PHP by phone on various occasions.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Sid Davis
Greenback, TN

Longshot270 Thu, January 26th, 2012 10:23 AM

I'll leave them a note but the majority of their time recently has been spent in doctor's offices. This will obviously have a significant impact on the wait times.

cleatus12r Fri, January 27th, 2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidney (Post 54844)
HELP!

In early summer of 2011 I purchased an Edge Tuner for my 2007 Ford FX4. I was not informed that their product would not perform on my truck with the modifications made to my vehicle (cold air box & magna flow exhaust.) The program in the Edge programmer would put my truck in the limp home mode. I immediately contacted PHP and told them of the problem I had encountered & sent the programmer to them to be recalibrated. When I got the tuner back I was still experiencing the same problems as before. Since November of 2011 I have spoken with PHP on the phone several times giving additional information and as of yet (1/24/12) still no results. I have given my cell phone number and e-mail address on various occasions and still no response. I have over $500.00 invested in a useless programmer that is no more than a monitor.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Sid Davis
Greenback, TN

I don't have any listing for "Sid Davis" (or any variants of the name) in the customer calibrations folder. If you sent your programmer in to be converted to a Gryphon but did not order custom tuning, then yes, you will have the same exact problem with our programmer that you did while it was an Edge unit.

Additionally, while I may have overlooked it, I do not see an order form with your name for ordering custom tunes. I don't get some of the order forms because all I do is write calibrations remotely from my home on the range, but as it stands, I don't have one with your name on it for custom tuning.

cleatus12r Fri, January 27th, 2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapo (Post 54854)
I too have been trying to get a hold of help. Paid for some tunes, there was a problem, and now for the last 3 months I have not been able to get help and still have no tunes. This company has issues..... They may think that they have more customers than they can serve so they don't care, but taking money without delivering is more than just bad business... there is laws against that, and at some point poor customer service turns into fraud. I hope that is not the case for me, but I am past the time frame that I can get my credit card company to chase my money back, so I have to hope that eventually I get my tunes. Until then I have had no replies on phone, email, fax or any other method, all I can do is forum vent.

The files have been done since 10/18/11 and they have been compiled for your programmer (Bill has to handle that part) since the 21st of that month.

I am not sure what the issue was. Was it that your programmer needed "updating" before he could put the files on Fusion? If that's the case, all I need to do is remind Bill to upload them. You should probably "update" again beforehand so we don't run into this issue again.

Be aware that if you EVER connect to Fusion again after downloading your custom files, you WILL lose the custom files and we'll be right back where we are now.

cleatus12r Fri, January 27th, 2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrick.leonard (Post 54802)
Yeah man I am having the same problem. I have been trying since mid November. They almost NEVER answer their phones. And if they do the person you need is taking the day off. Ive emailed Bill 3 or 4 times and hes never responded. I emailed Cody I believe seeking help and he redirected me to Bill. Ive tried the live chat thing. Some people have jobs for a living and its hard to contact a company when they only open for 6 hours a day. I'm getting to the point were I am going to take my business elsewhere, not because the product (I love the Gryphon) but because their support is non existent. All I need done is have the damn thing unlocked and that is it. Why is it soooo hard to get help with a simple problem.

Who takes a day off? Bill is a work-a-holic that never leaves the office except for lunch and the rare occasion that he is sick.

You can read about the challenges that Corey has had over the last year and change.

I have a full-time job and do tuning on the side for PHP.

The problems you have are Bill-only problems. I will try to get him to take a look at this thread at some point today.

cleatus12r Fri, January 27th, 2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmandley (Post 54624)
No didnt know they had one.

@88Racing that would suck at this point but i think at least some responce from them would be nice. I have never had this much trouble getting ahold of them and im an avid supporter, i plug there products anytime i can.

...in your case.....

It's definitely all Bill. Sorry.

Again, a link will be given in chat today.

Corey Cohron RIP Fri, January 27th, 2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleatus12r (Post 54885)
The files have been done since 10/18/11 and they have been compiled for your programmer (Bill has to handle that part) since the 21st of that month.

I am not sure what the issue was. Was it that your programmer needed "updating" before he could put the files on Fusion? If that's the case, all I need to do is remind Bill to upload them. You should probably "update" again beforehand so we don't run into this issue again.

Be aware that if you EVER connect to Fusion again after downloading your custom files, you WILL lose the custom files and we'll be right back where we are now.

This customer downloaded the tunes on 10/26.

Corey Cohron RIP Fri, January 27th, 2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

We only answer our phones 6 hours a day to leave time for answering e-mails, processing orders, custom programming, taking care of customers' issues, etc.

Corey Cohron RIP Fri, January 27th, 2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Have you filled out an order form to unlock your programmer?

Corey Cohron RIP Fri, January 27th, 2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidney (Post 54844)
HELP!

PLEASE HELP!!!

Sid Davis
Greenback, TN

I have no idea who you are. Under what name did you place an order with us?

Corey Cohron RIP Fri, January 27th, 2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmandley (Post 54583)
:help: I have been trying to contact Bill, Corey, anyone who can actually help with my Programmer i bought here.

I originally had my 06 F150 and bought the programmer. Had custom tunes for it.

Then bought an 06 F350 6.0 and Bill flashed it over to Diesel and did a FICM flash on the truck.

Now i have a 08 F350 and want to flash the programmer over for it. Just a simple all stock DPF still installed program so i can monitor temps, and run a little better tune till fall when i can get the DPF delete done.

I also would would need the pod for it and i have saddle interior.

I have Emailed everyone several times since 1/2/2012
I PMed Bill and Corey
I also FB Messaged Bill
Lastly i tried Instant Message on FB to Bill.

I know there busy buts like i said this has been going on for more then 2 weeks.

If there is no support for this then ok just let me know, but i have read other posts since 1/2/2012 stating there is still support for this product.

I would like to get confirmation before i mail the programmer back in and also want to make sure its just 100 bucks. Also would you like the ECM codes off my programer for the new truck? As it does connect and read temps and give me some info, i just cant load tunes sicne its the wrong Firmware.

Please help

Thanks

Long time member

Mike Mandley

Mike, we can no longer program for DPF deletes.

This is the latest e-mail I have from you:

I'm writing to let you know that my family and i are stuck in London, UK has been a mess We got mugged last night at gun point and lost all cash,credit card and cell phone. It has been a scary experience,Thank God we still got our life and passport saved here with us.
Our return fight leaves in some hours from now but we are having problems settling our hotel bills, i need you to loan me some money, I'll refund it back to you as soon as we arrive back home Kindly let me know if you can be of help so that i can tell you how to wire the money to me via western union.

Awaiting your positive response,
Mike

I apologize for not responding to the one e-mail you sent on 1/3 asking about reprogramming your Gryphon. As I recall, that was one of two straight weeks that I was out of the office due to medical reasons. I try very hard to keep up with e-mails even when I'm out of the office, but apparently, I missed that one.

fordtuff247 Fri, January 27th, 2012 10:39 AM

I got my issue resolved this morning on Live Chat w/ Bill.
Thanks Bill.

Corey Cohron RIP Fri, January 27th, 2012 11:37 AM

For anyone in this thread who has posted that we don't answer our phones...

Most days, there are two people answer phone calls; on Fridays, there are three.

The only time we are short staffed is if I'm out of the office due to medical reasons.

We receive upwards of 50-75 phone calls per day (not counting the ones that call before and after hours), and no, we aren't able to answer every one of them. If you get the Auto Attendant during phone hours, that means the other two lines are being used to help other customers. I imagine we could hire other people to answer phone calls, but they would simply be taking messages, which would require us to call customers back after hours. After 3PM, we are involved in answering e-mails (Cody, Bill, and I receive at least 100 daily e-mails, collectively), Facebook,& forum posts, processing and shipping orders, custom tuning, and helping customers who have issues. In addition, we would have to raise our prices in order to pay extra staff, and that's not something we're willing to do.

We have always been upfront with our customers about what they can expect if they would like to purchase something from us. In fact, there is a huge link on our homepage that asks potential customers to read a letter from us before purchasing.

We keep our customers informed when we're out of the office on our website and on our Facebook page. We also let them know when our office is short staffed due to my medical issues.

At this time, we process about 40-50 orders per week. That's an additional 2,000+ customers each year. Please know that there sometimes are just not enough hours in the day to take care of each and every one of them as quickly as we'd like.

cleatus12r Fri, January 27th, 2012 12:36 PM

Awesome post, Corey.

I'd like to point out and elaborate on one piece of that a little bit, if I may. :)

"I imagine we could hire other people to answer phone calls, but they would simply be taking messages, which would require us to call customers back after hours."

That's probably the most frequent complaint I get. Unfortunately for those of us who answer the phones (who aren't Bill), we don't have the ability to work with programmer issues or software problems. Bill is the only one who can do that and many times it's hard to convey that to the customer. Sure, Corey has her jobs in the office, I have mine here in Montana, and then there's Bill who is the ONLY one that can deal with many of the issues that arise (that's the problem with being that smart). More people answering the phones WOULD MOST CERTAINLY just increase peoples' frustration by having to leave messages for Bill without instant call-backs.

Corey Cohron RIP Fri, January 27th, 2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleatus12r (Post 54916)
Awesome post, Corey.

I'd like to point out and elaborate on one piece of that a little bit, if I may. :)

"I imagine we could hire other people to answer phone calls, but they would simply be taking messages, which would require us to call customers back after hours."

That's probably the most frequent complaint I get. Unfortunately for those of us who answer the phones (who aren't Bill), we don't have the ability to work with programmer issues or software problems. Bill is the only one who can do that and many times it's hard to convey that to the customer. Sure, Corey has her jobs in the office, I have mine here in Montana, and then there's Bill who is the ONLY one that can deal with many of the issues that arise (that's the problem with being that smart). More people answering the phones WOULD MOST CERTAINLY just increase peoples' frustration by having to leave messages for Bill without instant call-backs.

You're absolutely right about that. When I was out in December due to my surgery, we had a friend answering phones and taking messages. That translated into about 3-4 hours of Bill having to call customers back AFTER taking care of his regular obligations in the office. There were many nights when he brought the messages and the office phone to bed just so we'd be able to spend some time together, and I'm sure there are STILL customers that didn't get a return call...

patrick.leonard Tue, January 31st, 2012 10:24 PM

I was never told I had to fill out an order form to have my tuner unlocked. Will I have to pay to have this unlocked? And I have emailed numerous times and gotten no response on this issue.

Longshot270 Wed, February 1st, 2012 06:17 AM

Quote:

IF YOUR GRYPHON PROGRAMMER BECOMES LOCKED, THERE IS A $75 FEE TO UNLOCK IT. PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPROPRIATE ORDER FORM WHICH CAN BE FOUND ON THE ORDERING PAGE OF OUR WEBSITE.
This was copy/pasted from the header on this forum section.
Order forms can be found here.
Power Hungry Performance - Ordering Info

Corey Cohron RIP Wed, February 1st, 2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrick.leonard (Post 55032)
I was never told I had to fill out an order form to have my tuner unlocked. Will I have to pay to have this unlocked? And I have emailed numerous times and gotten no response on this issue.

I have no e-mails from you.

Corey Cohron RIP Wed, February 1st, 2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrick.leonard (Post 55032)

patrick.leonard Thu, February 2nd, 2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longshot270 (Post 55037)
This was copy/pasted from the header on this forum section.
Order forms can be found here.
Power Hungry Performance - Ordering Info

I understand that you are running a business but does it really take $75 to unlock a programmer? Definitely sounds like a RIP OFF to me.

patrick.leonard Thu, February 2nd, 2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groovy Chick (Post 55042)

I don't know what email you answer but the one I tried emailing you on is the one that is on your website. I got it to work in the summer so I figured it you would still use it.

patrick.leonard Thu, February 2nd, 2012 05:27 PM

If my programmer was set on stock when my PCM took a dump do I need to have it unlocked or just pay to have my custom tunes rewritten for the new hex code?

cleatus12r Thu, February 2nd, 2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrick.leonard (Post 55109)
I understand that you are running a business but does it really take $75 to unlock a programmer? Definitely sounds like a RIP OFF to me.

That's what EDGE charges.....
PHP doesn't see that money.

88Racing Fri, February 3rd, 2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrick.leonard (Post 55109)

Call edge and complain....other manufactures programmers are $125+ to unlock....