Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Troyer pulleys (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6462)

gusto Fri, April 29th, 2011 11:57 PM

Troyer pulleys

Has anyone here installed the troyer pulleys? Is it really hard to do, any one have videos or pics to post up for this? this would be greatly appreciated:help:

Jackpine Sat, April 30th, 2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gusto (Post 47486)
Has anyone here installed the troyer pulleys? Is it really hard to do, any one have videos or pics to post up for this? this would be greatly appreciated:help:

I THINK 88Racing did, about a year or more ago. He posted in here about it. You can probably find it if you do a search.

- Jack

88Racing Wed, May 11th, 2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gusto (Post 47486)

yep did the pulleys.....you'll need a fan removal tool set and a harmonic balance puller and an impact for the harmonic balancer bolt........it took about an hour but I had a tech and a full shop at my disposal....

EskimoDragon13 Thu, May 26th, 2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Racing (Post 47817)
yep did the pulleys.....you'll need a fan removal tool set and a harmonic balance puller and an impact for the harmonic balancer bolt........it took about an hour but I had a tech and a full shop at my disposal....

Did you have any voltage drop issues after installing the pulleys? How happy have you been with them?

I'm thinking about doing those along with the Troyer e-fan

gusto Sat, July 9th, 2011 12:16 AM

I had a buddy do the pulleys at his shop, best money i spent. noticed a bit of low end power, wouldn't say more power just more get up and go. just need to know how much to turn up engine idle. Troyer says 850 rpm so i went in and raised it 250 rpm in the engine idle in the custom tunes. can anyone confirm this is correct please :help:

88Racing Sat, July 9th, 2011 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gusto (Post 49362)
I had a buddy do the pulleys at his shop, best money i spent. noticed a bit of low end power, wouldn't say more power just more get up and go. just need to know how much to turn up engine idle. Troyer says 850 rpm so i went in and raised it 250 rpm in the engine idle in the custom tunes. can anyone confirm this is correct please :help:

That sounds about right.......700-850 rpm idle

In the end I just used an overdrive pulley on the alternator....

gusto Sat, July 9th, 2011 06:08 PM

whats an overdrive pulley and where do i get one. what changes do i have to make to accommodate this overdrive pulley

Longshot270 Sat, July 9th, 2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gusto (Post 49379)
whats an overdrive pulley and where do i get one. what changes do i have to make to accommodate this overdrive pulley

It is the opposite of an underdrive pulley. Rather than make the alternator shaft spin slower (reducing load) it makes it spin faster. It basically cancels out the underdrive pulley kit's effect on the alternator so no adjustment will be needed.

gusto Sat, July 9th, 2011 06:28 PM

where do u get one of these

88Racing Sun, July 10th, 2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gusto (Post 49383)
where do u get one of these

I got it from a mustang guy locally....idk where he got it from.....I was having troubles finding one on the internet....