Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New from CO (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9009)

Oliver Hyde Sat, July 7th, 2012 01:35 AM

New from CO

Hey guys, Just bought a 05 F150 screw 4x4. I can tell you anything you need to know on a jet engine but working on cars is foreign to me. I am ready to upgrade the truck, already added a leveling kit, now i want to add performance parts. I want a CAI but was told to look into PHP. Where do i start?

ticopowell Sat, July 7th, 2012 01:18 PM

Where in Colorado? and start with a programmer, they are flexible and as you upgrade your truck you can change your tuning to reflect what you need the computer to think.
A lot of performance parts are snake oil, exhausts are mainly for sound, but if done right they can add some performance. Do the Gotts mod, it will help with a little power and mileage.
What else are you looking for performance wise?

Oliver Hyde Sat, July 7th, 2012 04:02 PM

Im in Aurora. I want to get the most out of the truck without pushing it to hard. Whats the gotts mod? Should i directly buy the edge from PHP? I was told the 05 runs pretty lean from the factory and installing a CAI would make it run even leaner. I am looking at a fm supper 44, thoughts?

ticopowell Sat, July 7th, 2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver Hyde (Post 59737)
Im in Aurora. I want to get the most out of the truck without pushing it to hard. Whats the gotts mod? Should i directly buy the edge from PHP? I was told the 05 runs pretty lean from the factory and installing a CAI would make it run even leaner. I am looking at a fm supper 44, thoughts?

I was in the springs for a few years, the Gotts mod is an intake modification that is better or equal to most CAI's out there. it does the same without the lean issue by keeping most of the stock intake intact. I had an 05 as well, it was a great truck, and I thought the bigger lean issues were with the 04's... I've not heard about that exhaust and I have never looked into them so I can't say much, I am sure it will be fine if you like the sound it makes.

Longshot270 Sat, July 7th, 2012 11:07 PM

Go to the library section on here, there should be a monster thread about the Gotts mod.

I ran the FM 40 and liked it except for how loud it was. I ended up going back to stock muffler but cut it to dump after the axle. That gave me the look and tone I wanted.

Oliver Hyde Sun, July 8th, 2012 12:05 AM

Do i need to give them a HEX code for custom tunes? How do i get that

ticopowell Sun, July 8th, 2012 12:11 AM

You will need to use the Gryphon to get your hex code. Once you buy it they will ship it, then you can use it with the canned tunes until you get your custom tunes ordered and delivered. They usually take a month or two after the order to be delivered.

Oliver Hyde Sun, July 8th, 2012 12:17 AM

How are the tunes delivered? Which system should i get?

ticopowell Sun, July 8th, 2012 12:59 AM

system? like which gryphon to get? well that all depends on what you want it to look like. if you can get the original monochrome it will have all the programming capabilities, and sometimes more, so I think i might recommend that, but if you like color and/or touchscreen then get the CS or the CTS.
The tunes are delivered through a computer program that comes with the programmer, or you can download it from php's web site.

88Racing Tue, July 10th, 2012 10:24 AM

:howdy: