Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Conversation Pit (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!! (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2274)

88Racing Wed, November 25th, 2009 06:00 PM

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Like the title says.
I'm thankful for God has blessed me with.
My family.
Their health and mine.
Church.
Work.
Sports.
NASCAR.
You guys and gals on this forum.
The soldiers who help keep this nation free with their time, talent and lives.
:tday:
:2thumbs:

Longshot270 Wed, November 25th, 2009 06:10 PM

Yup, especially to those who cant be with us here because they are serving around the globe.
:tday::us_flag:

ChuckD Thu, November 26th, 2009 11:49 PM

Couldn't have said it better if I tried.

BlackSTX Fri, November 27th, 2009 04:51 PM

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was safe and enjoyable.

I think there's a reason why Veteran's Day and Thanksgiving are in the same month.... Simply put, if it weren't for our veterans, there wouldn't be so much to be thankful for. I especially hope all our servicemen and veterans had a good safe Thanksgiving.

God blessed this nation with such dedicated and selfless people.

Jackpine Fri, November 27th, 2009 07:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's a bit late, but I spent most of this day (after Thanksgiving) with my Grandson, helping him build a catapult for a science fair project at school. I'm happy to say, I let him do virtually ALL the "work". I measured things and held things. but, HE DID IT! Here's an early picture of him getting ready to saw one of the pieces. The old gent in the picture is just getting in the way.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

- Jack

Power Hungry Sat, November 28th, 2009 01:05 AM

Ah... I'm late as well. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

We started our day in the kitchen. The boys made a yellow cake with chocolate frosting and a lemon Jell-o/Cool Whip pie. We cleaned up around the house a bit and then got out the new Beatles Rock Band game. In between cooking this and that, Corey, the boys, and I played Rock Band until our fingers were tired and our voices were done. Dinner consisted of the usual staples: Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, carrots, corn, cranberry jelly and warm yeast rolls. For dessert, cake, lemon pie, and pumpkin pie. Yummy!

As for being thankful... Well, aside from Corey's annual bout with the Flu (and pneumonia) along with her Gall Bladder removal, we've have a pretty good year. We are thankful for our boys, who bring us happiness every day... even when they make us nuts! We are thankful for all our wonderful customers and the members of this forum. You are the reason we do what we do. We are thankful for the time we got to spend with our friends in Vegas (you guys are a blast!) and the time we got to spend with family in Missouri. We are thankful for our moderators who take time out of their busy schedules to help answer questions and provide support to the many customers and members on this forum. Most of all, we are thankful that we live in a country that is free (for the time being anyway...) and that God has continued to bless our family and that our blessings can be shared with others.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving :turkydance1: and that you all have a safe and joyous holiday season. :xmaseve:

Take care.

eldercaddy Wed, December 8th, 2010 09:47 PM

That's good for you 88Racing. That's the blessing came from GOD. :)