Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Conversation Pit (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   GM? (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=997)

Corey Cohron RIP Wed, April 22nd, 2009 10:09 PM

GM?

We just heard on the news that GM is closing its doors for nine weeks this summer... (maybe they're really busy too and need time to get caught up! :))

AND filing for bankruptcy. Dang.

88Racing Wed, April 22nd, 2009 10:57 PM

Maybe they need that time to straighten out their bow ties!:smiley_roll1:

Lars

Corey Cohron RIP Wed, April 22nd, 2009 11:48 PM

Or to polish their private :plane: :hehe:

cleatus12r Thu, April 23rd, 2009 06:52 AM

Since I have a really hard time being totally serious about anything......

They filed for bankruptcy because they paid me too much for warranty claims on intermediate steering shafts and transmission oil cooler lines.

dplummer87 Thu, April 23rd, 2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleatus12r (Post 8192)
Since I have a really hard time being totally serious about anything......

They filed for bankruptcy because they paid me too much for warranty claims on intermediate steering shafts and transmission oil cooler lines.

:smiley_roll1: i like this guy...But they could turn around and say the same thing about the windshield cowel thingy..(driver side plastic piece right below the windshield...im too lazy to take mine in to get it fixed)

Any news on what chapter their gonna file under?

Jackpine Thu, April 23rd, 2009 10:56 AM

I didn't think they'd really gotten to bankruptcy yet. I've heard that the Government MAY allow Chrysler to fail, since it is comparatively small, as a way to "force" the Unions and management at GM to get serious with each other.

Isn't the "shutdown" sort of a cost saving measure? "Vacation" without pay?

- Jack

88Racing Thu, April 23rd, 2009 11:23 AM

Have you guys noticed how they have really cut back on their events sponserships. Even commercials. Except for the rally hat one.

Lars

dplummer87 Thu, April 23rd, 2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackandJanet (Post 8206)
I didn't think they'd really gotten to bankruptcy yet. I've heard that the Government MAY allow Chrysler to fail, since it is comparatively small, as a way to "force" the Unions and management at GM to get serious with each other.

- Jack

Well their already late on their first 1 billion loan payment. If they miss the another one the government is supposed to pull the bail out money forcing them into bankruptcy and restructure.

Chrysler is merging with Fiat.

The shutdown is to give the dealers a chance to move some inventory so that there is not so much surplus running around.

88Racing Thu, April 23rd, 2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackandJanet (Post 8206)

- Jack

The shut down also makes employees burn up pto pay(vacation) and also in some states a "shut down" doesn't make the employee eligble for any assisstance such as unemployment.
Just their way also not to have any "owed" money out there to their employees so it makes it easier to fold up shop if necessary.

Lars

average-joe Thu, April 23rd, 2009 01:57 PM

GM (Goverment motors) it's taking 9 weeks off in the summer because that's what congress does every year.