Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Conversation Pit (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Day at the track (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4585)

Longshot270 Sun, May 30th, 2010 01:08 PM

Day at the track

5 Attachment(s)
Worked yesterday at a local race track and got some good pictures.

Attachment 551
This was my favorite car out there. Got blurred a little bit on the upload :sigh:

Attachment 533

Attachment 538

Attachment 535

Attachment 539
Not all of them looked this good but I never considered a miata to be fast until I watched them own cars 10 times their value. Imagine driving a porche or corvette and seeing a spray painted miata pass you. :smiley_roll1: This is also a picture that got blurred ont he upload.

Longshot270 Sun, May 30th, 2010 01:16 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Some more pictures...
Attachment 540

Attachment 541
This is the only picture where the car is sitting still

Attachment 542

Attachment 543

Attachment 544

Some of these also got blurred by the upload

Longshot270 Sun, May 30th, 2010 01:19 PM

5 Attachment(s)
A few more...
Attachment 545Attachment 546Attachment 547Attachment 548Attachment 549
And again, the originals are crystal clear. :sigh:

BTW, that mustang was one of the slowest cars there...still beat the dodge challenger though but no suprise there since the blue oval is worth a few horses by itself. :hehe:

matt7.350 Mon, May 31st, 2010 03:59 PM

Nice! Thank You for those!

88Racing Tue, June 1st, 2010 06:32 AM

Cool!
:2thumbs:

JWBFX4 Tue, June 1st, 2010 09:16 PM

Good Pics :thumbs up yellow:

ian51279 Wed, June 2nd, 2010 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longshot270 (Post 34658)
Not all fo them looked this good but I never considered a miata to be fast until I watched them own cars 10 times their value. Imagine driving a porche or corvette and seeing a spray painted miata pass you. :smiley_roll1:

It's all about the power to weight ratio. :thumbs up yellow:

cleatus12r Wed, June 2nd, 2010 07:57 AM

Sweet pictures! I'd love to see a track day event.....

Better yet, I'd like to DRIVE!

Longshot270 Wed, June 2nd, 2010 09:15 AM

The power to weight ratio is exactly the reason why. They weren't over powered and stuck to the road pretty well.

There quite a few times where I got the porches and miatas mixed up because they had body kits and stuff...didn't help I went in there not knowing the difference between the two. :doh: Luckily the friend I invited to help has been racing his entire life and could spot them out. Except he did get the viper mixed up with a corvette when it first got on the track. It was a '96 and looked brand new. That was probably my second or third favorite.

Its a fun track to drive. The times range from a minute 20 for a souped miata to a minute 48 for an F350 dually. They said the diesel race was really scary to watch. I didn't know you could make a dually do a "burn" around a turn because that is the only way to get that kind of time.

I have driven eveything from boats to trains except a car, but I got to take the owner's Audi A4 wagon around the track...Now I wish I had the extra few hundred to install a turbo, the turbo itself is just too expensive. :drool2:

Longshot270 Sat, June 26th, 2010 11:26 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Well even though I was unofficially fired (they have a friend I introduced them to working almost every weekend when I haven't had any contact with them since I posted the earlier pictures) I used my connections and power of persuasion to get back out there for an afternoon after I was done working at my new job. As for all of these pictures, I had to upload shrunken versions. These are all less than 1/4 the originals. I have more if anyone wants full sized copies, just name the car.

Attachment 582
Not the fastest but he definitely wasn't the slowest. Had a huge disadvantage on this road track because of the weight. Also had a front tire lock up for a little bit on a straight just before a mean broad turn. After he left a trail of smoke the people in charge started griping how trucks aren't meant for the track and such...then I figured that was one reason they didn't like me working there, my truck was big enough to use their cars as oil change ramps. :evillol:

Attachment 583
Audi R8, I kinda liked them until I saw one in person.

Attachment 584
Mustang, just like last time, was slower than it should have been.

Attachment 585
Yeah, I know, its a chevy car but I still liked the color/stripes/hood and also just a nice picture in general.

Attachment 586
This guy went off the road from a broad sweeper turn that was off-camber and still kept a car that was tailing/trying to get around from passing him. I was bummed he got the black flag but rules are rules. He was a super good driver to pull it off.