Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lynn from South Dakota (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=609)

lynn2437 Sat, February 28th, 2009 09:44 PM

Lynn from South Dakota

I found this site from a URL posted on F150online while I was researching homemade CAIs. Lots of good info on that thread. I am now living in Rapid City, SD after moving from Valdosta GA. I am originally from the Mississippi gulf coast (Ocean Springs). My wife and I are both active duty Air Force and this is our second base. We have both been to Iraq and are enjoying our careers. We have a three year old baby girl named Hannah and another little girl on the way named Emma, due Apr. 15th. I have a passion for just about everything outdoors and find myself pursuing alot of big game in the hills and plains of western SD. My boxer Rocco finds his way into the passenger seat of my truck most of the time on these excursions. I have a 2004 Screw Lariet 4x4, and my wife currently drives a 2007 Mustang GT. I joined F150online for tips and tricks (mostly preventitive maint.) and can't get away from the computer sometimes:thumbs up yellow: I look forward to reading up on anything and everything that comes to mind with regard to my truck.

88Racing Sat, February 28th, 2009 10:21 PM

Welcome to the forum from eastern SD.

Lars
:2thumbs:

lynn2437 Sat, February 28th, 2009 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Racing (Post 4729)
Welcome to the forum from eastern SD.

Lars

Thanks, I've been here a year and apart from the weather (which I'm getting used to), I love it up here:cheesy smile:

88Racing Sat, February 28th, 2009 10:36 PM

Great state been living here almost 25 years now. Just watch the weather out that way, goes from good to bad really quick.

Hunting here isn't half bad either as long as the weather is good.

Glad to have a fellow SD on the forum.

Lars

Power Hungry Sat, February 28th, 2009 11:02 PM

Lynn,

Glad to have you with us and hope you find our forums useful. We're still pretty smal but have a great bunch of folks on here already.

While I'm at it, Corey and I would like to take a moment to thank you and your wife for your service to our country. As a parent of a now ex-Marine, we certainly understand how unappreciated our military personnel often feel. I'm glad to see that both you and your wife are enjoying your service and wish you all the best.

Take care and stay safe.

:us_soldiers:

lynn2437 Sat, February 28th, 2009 11:04 PM

Yeah, we had that wonderful blizzard three days before the opening of west river. My truck was in the body shop from hitting a little whitetail buck during bow season (irony) and I had a 4x4 Jeep rental beating the hell out of the snow drifts. Shot a mulie buck and a whitetail buck that week though. Lots of good hunting up here, way better than the deep south.

lynn2437 Sun, March 1st, 2009 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Hungry (Post 4732)
Lynn,

Glad to have you with us and hope you find our forums useful. We're still pretty smal but have a great bunch of folks on here already.

While I'm at it, Corey and I would like to take a moment to thank you and your wife for your service to our country. As a parent of a now ex-Marine, we certainly understand how unappreciated our military personnel often feel. I'm glad to see that both you and your wife are enjoying your service and wish you all the best.

Take care and stay safe.

:us_soldiers:

Thanks for the welcome. I love it when I hear companies unashamed of praising the military. :2thumbs: We get so much negative press. We are just normal people leading otherwise normal lives.

BTW, I have stock Screw and I want more power, I should be purchasing a Gyrphon with just the canned tunes before too long. A few extra ponies and mpgs will be very nice. How hard will the install be, I consider myself very mechanically inclined, considering no formal training as a mechanic.

Thanks again,
Lynn

SinCityFX4 Sun, March 1st, 2009 08:15 AM

Welcome to the forum!:thumbs up yellow:

JWBFX4 Sun, March 1st, 2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynn2437 (Post 4738)
BTW, I have stock Screw and I want more power, I should be purchasing a Gyrphon with just the canned tunes before too long. A few extra ponies and mpgs will be very nice. How hard will the install be, I consider myself very mechanically inclined, considering no formal training as a mechanic.

Thanks again,
Lynn

Welcome to the site:howdy: The install is very easy, basically just plug n play. Take less then 10 minutes or so.

Corey Cohron RIP Sun, March 1st, 2009 10:25 AM

:welcome3: to the :party: Lynn!