Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Gryphon has finally returned :) (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=816)

way2qk4u2c Wed, March 25th, 2009 12:39 PM

Gryphon has finally returned :)

Today i received a box with the Gryphon inside of it- im super excited.

Thanks Corey and Bill!

TXWolf Wed, March 25th, 2009 12:50 PM

Be sure and let us know what you think, especially if you have custom tunes. :woot:

JWBFX4 Wed, March 25th, 2009 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXWolf (Post 6551)
Be sure and let us know what you think, especially if you have custom tunes. :woot:

Glad you got it back...hard to do with out it huh?

x2 let us know what it does for your truck

jimmyv13 Wed, March 25th, 2009 01:36 PM

Was yours in the last batch that was sent out on Monday?

way2qk4u2c Thu, March 26th, 2009 09:08 PM

I put it back in tonight... Bill can correct me but i dont think my custom tune is loaded in there (unless he had time to create one im not sure though) But from what i gather that the custom tune takes along time to create. So i wouldnt expect one to be done in a week lol

The truck seems like it was when i sent it to them so i havent felt a difference. The canned tunes make the truck fun to drive but im curious to Bill's custom tune to see the difference.

JWBFX4 Thu, March 26th, 2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by way2qk4u2c (Post 6647)
I put it back in tonight... Bill can correct me but i dont think my custom tune is loaded in there (unless he had time to create one im not sure though) But from what i gather that the custom tune takes along time to create. So i wouldnt expect one to be done in a week lol

The truck seems like it was when i sent it to them so i havent felt a difference. The canned tunes make the truck fun to drive but im curious to Bill's custom tune to see the difference.

So did you send in the edge to get it converted to the gryphon?

If thats the case, from what I read on here and what was posted just the other day I believe you would already have the custom tune then :shrug:

way2qk4u2c Fri, March 27th, 2009 08:42 AM

hmmm....

I forgot which level is the custom tune is on lol- i think i asked for level 1 to be overwritten but im not sure.

I can tell a difference from stock to level 1 no doubt.

Yeah i sent mine in to be converted from edge to gryphon.

jimmyv13 Fri, March 27th, 2009 03:52 PM

I had level 1 rewritten for an 87 perf tune. The tune is still called level 1 tranny...I'm hoping it's my custom tune, maybe Bill can't change the name of each tune. I haven't driven it yet...

Jackpine Fri, March 27th, 2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyv13 (Post 6685)
I had level 1 rewritten for an 87 perf tune. The tune is still called level 1 tranny...I'm hoping it's my custom tune, maybe Bill can't change the name of each tune. I haven't driven it yet...

Bill CAN change the names, at least on 2004+ programmers. But, that doesn't mean he did. I hate to say it, but you might want to email Corey and ask if your custom tune(s) are loaded, or, if you are still waiting for them.

- Jack

TritonTime Fri, March 27th, 2009 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyv13 (Post 6685)

I received my updated Edge today as well. I replaced the Tranny tune with a 87 performance custom tune, but mine also still says Level 1 is the Tranny tune though.

I doubt they incorrectly loaded all 3 of ours, but even if they did I'm sure it was an honest mistake. I just e-mailed Corey about the situation. I'll address it on here as soon as I get a response.