Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Whisper (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283)

kokopellimotorsports Mon, January 19th, 2009 10:31 PM

Whisper

How exactly does the whisper mode work? Do you just lower the injection pressure or ? Inquiring minds must know. :yesnod:

Power Hungry Tue, January 20th, 2009 11:42 AM

Ancient Chinese Secret. :D

Now... you wouldn't ask the Colonel for the "Secret Recipe", would you?

kokopellimotorsports Tue, January 20th, 2009 09:47 PM

Well I might ask for his recipe.:notallthere: :rofl:

Corey Cohron RIP Wed, January 21st, 2009 09:58 AM

:smiley_roll1:, Ty! Can't hurt to ask, right?

kokopellimotorsports Wed, January 21st, 2009 11:55 AM

I was always under the impression that not asking was the worse way to go. Lol.

John Thu, January 22nd, 2009 02:38 PM

Is the whisper tune okay to drive on at low speeds, or should it just be used at idle?

Corey Cohron RIP Thu, January 22nd, 2009 04:21 PM

We suggest only using it at idle, John. :happymeal: (:arrowl: How's THAT for an obscure reference Smiley? Do ya get it?)

Have you tried Whisper Mode yet?

John Thu, January 22nd, 2009 10:07 PM

After the chip arrived today, and I got home the very first thing I did was program it with that tune and a few others. I like how it quieted it down!:thumbsup: I also loved the other tunes :2thumbs:! No more death rattle! I had to test out the whisper mode though, so I drove to BK and went through the drive thru just waiting to speak....

The first words I heard was "Im not going to be able to hear you over your truck". She was old though, so I think maybe that was why:hehe:.

If I have time tomorrow I am going to try the bank drive thru to test, they are younger :hehe:.

Corey Cohron RIP Thu, January 22nd, 2009 11:04 PM

Don't let JackandJanet hear ya say that! He turned 68 today! :hehe:

That's awesome, John. Glad you're pleased. Let us know how your other "tests" go. Can't wait to see if the same thing's gonna happen! :skeptic:

Jackpine Fri, January 23rd, 2009 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John (Post 1958)
After the chip arrived today, and I got home the very first thing I did was program it with that tune and a few others. I like how it quieted it down!:thumbsup: I also loved the other tunes :2thumbs:! No more death rattle! I had to test out the whisper mode though, so I drove to BK and went through the drive thru just waiting to speak....

The first words I heard was "Im not going to be able to hear you over your truck". She was old though, so I think maybe that was why:hehe:.

If I have time tomorrow I am going to try the bank drive thru to test, they are younger :hehe:.

She was probably younger than me. ;)

So, not being a diesel driver, the way I understand things, you simply do something like push a button on the chip and immediately you're operating in a new "tune"? :whatthe: How come we can't have something like this in the gasoline powered vehicles?

- Jack