Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest News (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Fast & Furious - Bill Tuned the Truck! (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=875)

Corey Cohron RIP Wed, April 1st, 2009 10:33 PM

Fast & Furious - Bill Tuned the Truck!

Are you one of those people who watch movies like Gone in 60 Seconds just to see the sweet vehicles? (We're pretty sure it's not for their spellbinding plots! ) If that sounds like you, then be on the lookout for a tricked out silver 2001 F-350 (complete with a groovy custom orange lightning bolt!) in the upcoming Fast & Furious movie, which will be in theaters on Friday!. Last year, Bill was asked to tune this beauty specifically for the film!

This is Jason Ingram's (owner of ShoNuff Customs) second contribution to The Fast and the Furious series (you may have seen his orange Harley Davidson chopper in The Fast and the Furious 3 -- if you missed it, catch it on his website!).

http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...furious_4b.jpg
That's our son Wil, 9, in the picture. Having a dad who tunes trucks for a living is really pretty cool.

88Racing Wed, April 1st, 2009 10:52 PM

Looks like Will is about ready to go out for the night.

The boy and I are probably going to go next weekend. We'll keep a look out for the f350. The movie looks pretty good from the previews I've seen.

Lars
:2thumbs:

Any free movie passes?

Caforddude Wed, April 1st, 2009 11:39 PM

Cool news!

TXWolf Thu, April 2nd, 2009 12:08 PM

Looks like I'll have to watch the movie ... just to see what our Fords can REALLY do! LOL :2thumbs:

Corey Cohron RIP Thu, April 2nd, 2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Racing (Post 7049)
Looks like Will is about ready to go out for the night.

The boy and I are probably going to go next weekend. We'll keep a look out for the f350. The movie looks pretty good from the previews I've seen.

Lars
:2thumbs:

Any free movie passes?

We weren't given any movie passes. Over a year ago, I bought discounted movie passes for our local theater at Costco and lost them. When we moved our bed after getting back from FL with a brand new king size bed a few weeks ago, we found them! :hehe: So we did pay for them, technically, but it's like found money. :)

I, literally, don't think that a day goes by that Wil doesn't discuss with me what his first is going to be (it changes sometimes). He also comes in to talk about the shop that we're all going to run together when he's grown. And the little dude's only nine years old! He is a mini replica of his dad. He's really interested in tuning -- give it a few years, and we'll let him start playing with our truck (overseen by Billy, of course!)

kokopellimotorsports Thu, April 2nd, 2009 11:05 PM

Going to see the movie this weekend.

Ty

Corey Cohron RIP Fri, April 3rd, 2009 09:02 AM

We're supposed to be going to see it tonight. Someone posted on another forum that they saw it but didn't see the F-350. It's all part of movie making, of course... filming twice as much footage as you'll need and then leaving half on the cutting room floor, but it would still make me :sadface:.

88Racing Mon, April 6th, 2009 01:10 PM

Didn't see f350

Went to the movie on Sunday afternoon. Tried to look for the f350 but just couldn't see it?

My excuses of why I didn't see it!
1. Fast moving scenes.
2. Massive car scenes.
3. Low cut tops and short shorts scenes. Caught the boy drueling a few of these scenes.
4. Like Corey said could be on the floor of the editing room.

Lars

Corey Cohron RIP Mon, April 6th, 2009 04:17 PM

:smiley_roll1: We went Friday night. I actually liked the movie! (I didn't really plan to...) Bill thinks the truck may have been in the background of the race scene, but he says until we get to "analyze" it on the DVD, he's not saying for sure. Of course, it would make no sense to pay him to tune a truck for it to look pretty in the background, so we're keeping our fingers crossed that it'll be in the deleted scenes or bonus features on the DVD. :pray:

I was TOTALLY digging the red Chevelle. :drool2:

RZDANO Tue, April 7th, 2009 12:36 AM

I know how You feel. I built 6 motorcycles that were supposed to be in the movie "Contact" with Jodie Foster. I was all excited to go see the movie, then after sitting through all 3 hours of it, NOTHING! All of My hard work ended up on the floor.:thumbsdwn: No wonder these movies cost millions to make. Oh well, At least You got paid and Your kids got some cool pics They can brag about to Thier friends!:cool_beans: And I'm sure that truck really ripped!!!