Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Conversation Pit (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Best Wax (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3203)

majek5 Mon, February 15th, 2010 08:53 PM

Best Wax

Being that our trucks are the size of Texas, and it takes forever to wax them, what is your favorite wax. Ease of application, ease of removal, ect. Also, have any of you used a "claybar"? How 'bout application ect?

martinoledad Mon, February 15th, 2010 09:49 PM

I will go wash the truck. then i will whip it with the "ice" detailer spray and then when needed I will use the "ice" wax. just dont try and but it in direct sunlight when its really hot. The bottle says you can but it takes forever to get it looking right. Takes me about two and ahalf hours all together

88Racing Mon, February 15th, 2010 10:41 PM

My truck gets a full detail every 6 months.
Yep I'm lazy!!!!
I pay the detailer in our shop on the side to do it on a Sunday.
In between times it's the automatic car washes at once every two weeks.
Why you may ask?
I own a Harley and that black thing is a constant battle to keep clean!!!!!

Claybar is a great product to help get the railings that our brakes throw off out of the paint along with other gunk and debri.

bambo2888 Tue, February 16th, 2010 01:17 PM

Pinnacle Souveran paste wax. Amazing longevity, easy application/removal, and unmatched shine.

I'm a detailer and of everything that I have tried, still the best =)

majek5 Tue, February 16th, 2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bambo2888 (Post 25228)
Pinnacle Souveran paste wax. Amazing longevity, easy application/removal, and unmatched shine.

I'm a detailer and of everything that I have tried, still the best =)

Where can I find it? How much $$$?

88Racing Tue, February 16th, 2010 10:23 PM

Maybe here at their website?
Pinnacle Souveran™ Carnauba Paste Wax shimmers on black paint, dazzles on red paint. World's Finest Carnauba Wax. Car wax, carnuba car wax, paste wax, pinnacle wax, paint protection, car wax for black car, wax for red car
or bambo2888 has a better idea of where to find it cheaper?

Longshot270 Tue, February 16th, 2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majek5 (Post 25172)
Being that our trucks are the size of Texas, and it takes forever to wax them, what is your favorite wax. Ease of application, ease of removal, ect. Also, have any of you used a "claybar"? How 'bout application ect?

I save plenty of money using all natural powder coats. Helps reduce UV damage and comes in caliche yellow, red clay, roadgrime grey and mud brown. :hehe:

bambo2888 Wed, February 17th, 2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majek5 (Post 25234)
Where can I find it? How much $$$?

as of right now, that's the cheapest place to get it online. it does go on sale sometimes though. it's a pretty hefty price, but it truly is worth it. I was sceptical way back when and now i really dont use anything else when im looking for carnauba properties.

i have some connections though :giggle:.

Uncle Wed, February 24th, 2010 11:46 AM

I use Adams Polishes and wax. Kinda spendy, but not that bad..

Jackpine Wed, February 24th, 2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longshot270 (Post 25267)
I save plenty of money using all natural powder coats. Helps reduce UV damage and comes in caliche yellow, red clay, roadgrime grey and mud brown. :hehe:

Hey! I use the same stuff! Pretty easy to apply too. Kinda happens when I'm not looking. :hehe:

I like the way it covers the ugly OEM "Dark Copper" finish. :thumbs up yellow:

- Jack