Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   More Smoke (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5295)

Bobbys Big Red Rig Sat, September 25th, 2010 10:59 PM

More Smoke

I have a late 99 7.3 powerstroke. Phoenix chip with Whisper, Stock, 65 Towing, 80 DD, 120 Race, 140 Smoke Show. Stock injectors, 6637 intake, stock turbo, stock waist valve. What mod can I do to get more out of smoke show? Puff is OK but I want a smoke show. Other than putting my foot in it is there a way to get more out of it. Would not change my PHP for another tune because I love the way it shifts and The PHP family are good people. Just want more smoke.

countryraised Mon, September 27th, 2010 12:25 PM

bigger injectors is the only way to really roll lots of black, the 140cc's just don't dump enough fuel, or a modded HPOP might add a little,

cj45lc Mon, September 27th, 2010 01:17 PM

Check out the Wal-Mart bag mod on PSN. I guess the guy really did it, look at the pics of his air filt. I know I would have never told that on myself if I did do that. Lots of laughs on that one.

cleatus12r Mon, September 27th, 2010 03:52 PM

Bobby,

We've already got your injection pressure lowered about 700 PSI in the SS program from where your 120R tune is. This usually dumps a lot of poorly-atomized fuel in the cylinder with a lot more injector on-time. There just isn't enough fuel there.

Bobbys Big Red Rig Tue, September 28th, 2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleatus12r (Post 39649)
Bobby,

We've already got your injection pressure lowered about 700 PSI in the SS program from where your 120R tune is. This usually dumps a lot of poorly-atomized fuel in the cylinder with a lot more injector on-time. There just isn't enough fuel there.

Just making sure I was not over looking anything. Hope your doing well back home. Glad I timed things out so I got to meet you this summer. Are you going to be around for Dyno Day?

cleatus12r Tue, September 28th, 2010 08:58 AM

I'll be there, Bobby. Well, unless my plane crashes or something like that.

907DAVE Tue, September 28th, 2010 10:16 AM

You want to smoke?

Check this out--------->eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

cleatus12r Tue, September 28th, 2010 10:51 AM

OH.....MY......[insert word of choice here]......

They DO exist. That's great.

Bobby, don't buy that.

Nice item location by the way, Dave.....Santa must make those. Tell him I said "hi" and that I have been a good boy this year. He can bring my ex-wife a lump of COAL. Make that a truckload of coal.

Longshot270 Tue, September 28th, 2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleatus12r (Post 39686)
OH.....MY......[insert word of choice here]......

They DO exist. That's great.

Bobby, don't buy that.

Nice item location by the way, Dave.....Santa must make those. Tell him I said "hi" and that I have been a good boy this year. He can bring my ex-wife a lump of COAL. Make that a truckload of coal.

:hehe: That is too funny

907DAVE Tue, September 28th, 2010 12:11 PM

:D

:hehe: