Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   hesitation problem with new tunes pls forward bill (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4896)

epowers777 Tue, July 13th, 2010 07:57 PM

hesitation problem with new tunes pls forward bill

I have been trying to call php for 3 days friday monday tuesday and called about 50 times so please forward this to bill. I have a hesitation problem. while Im at a stop light waiting when it turns green i tap the gas to take off and theres a bad hesitation. The engine almost wants to die then it comes to life and goes. It does this majority of the time. Twice yesterday in traffic the engine died by hitting the gas then braking cause the driver in front of me. if I romp on it it goes but if i tap the gas theres a bad hesitation. Also im getting horrible milage 15 mpg.
i just cleaned out my ebp sensor so I hope that
helps please let me know i think its a tune problem.

epowers777 Wed, July 14th, 2010 08:10 PM

Called about 20 times I need help truck died taking off twice twice today.

Longshot270 Wed, July 14th, 2010 09:34 PM

Ok, I'll direct Bill to this thread.

epowers777 Thu, July 15th, 2010 12:03 AM

Thank you!

Power Hungry Thu, July 15th, 2010 08:43 AM

Cody or I will be in touch this morning.

Take care.

cleatus12r Thu, July 15th, 2010 09:48 AM

Eric,

Keep in mind that our phone hours are 12-5 EST M-F and our phone hours have been listed on the website for as long as it's been up.

I will be calling you in a little bit (still early on the west coast).

cleatus12r Thu, July 15th, 2010 10:56 AM

I just called and left a message. Please feel free to call within the next 5 hours.

epowers777 Thu, July 15th, 2010 12:58 PM

Just woke up. I work late nights. I will call you soon my wife has a doctors appointment I need to take her to. Yes I know the phone hours but I did notice the number is different for Tue one you called me with than what's in my phone. Mmmmm well thanks call you soon.

cleatus12r Thu, July 15th, 2010 01:28 PM

Eric was able to get through today so I gave him a test to try out before we had the possibility of chasing our tails in the tuning.

He will post back any results.

epowers777 Thu, July 15th, 2010 11:07 PM

Here is an update
I unplugged my sensor that's on the driver side head to see if I had a hpop pressure problem. Cody explained to me that there is a valve or plunger in there that adjust the oil pressure for my injectors at low rpm and sometimes it gets sticky or worn out. Well by plugging the sensor the idle was much quieter and seems like the problem went away. Tomorrow I will get my friends scanner and get Cody some more readings such as pressure etc.
If your reading this and your new I was calling the old number da I'm a dork! Cody is very respectful and knowledgable and they will help you out. Php is a great company.