Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Bought a Gryphon FICM programmer, have Q? (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8226)

Lilpooh Thu, April 5th, 2012 05:41 PM

Bought a Gryphon FICM programmer, have Q?

I bought the Gryphon FICM programmer a couple weeks ago, freaking awsome!!

Any who........ I would like to know if I were to return my FICM back to stock program, can I use the Gyphon to program a different truck?

If yes, is it like the SCT and use up any sorts of "unlocks"?

In other words, can the Gryphon FICM programmer be used as many times as I want on many different trucks, as long as I return the programming back to stock FICM tune.

We have a guy that just installed Industrial Inject compounds with 190's, I wanted to give him a taste of what a FICM tune can do for his set-up.

Thanks, Rich

Jeremy Fri, April 6th, 2012 09:26 PM

No, you have to purchase another unlock, to do an additional truck. However you can do this all over the phone.

Lilpooh Fri, April 6th, 2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 57137)
No, you have to purchase another unlock, to do an additional truck. However you can do this all over the phone.

I'm not talking about the remote Gryphon FICM programmer, the one I have is the one you buy and keep to use as many times as you want.

I had asked Bill a similar question, and was trying to confirm what he said, he never mentioned anything about buying another unlock on this particular Gryphon tuner. Read post #66 and Bill's Reply on post #67.

Huge gains from FICM ONLY tune! - Page 5 - Diesel Bombers

Jeremy Sun, April 8th, 2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilpooh (Post 57139)
I'm not talking about the remote Gryphon FICM programmer, the one I have is the one you buy and keep to use as many times as you want.

I had asked Bill a similar question, and was trying to confirm what he said, he never mentioned anything about buying another unlock on this particular Gryphon tuner. Read post #66 and Bill's Reply on post #67.

Huge gains from FICM ONLY tune! - Page 5 - Diesel Bombers

I'm talking about the same ficm programmer you are. I have one, you have to buy an additional unlock if you want to do another truck. You can change your FICM program around to your hearts desire. But the programmer will use another unlock if you program a ficm on a truck that did'nt already have a PHP FICM tune on it. The FICM programer can tell the difference in a PHP tuned FICM and a non PHP tuned FICM.

Lilpooh Mon, April 9th, 2012 01:36 PM

Well that kinda sucks. Sure would of been nice for others to "try before you buy". I would think if other local 6.0 owners could try it first to see the benefits of a FICM tune.

All well, thanks! Rich

Jeremy Mon, April 9th, 2012 01:40 PM

OK, I asked Bill about it, yes you CAN program someone else, but you have to return yours to STOCK, just like you said. I'm sorry about the confusion. I never noticed the "stock" setting before, LOL the thought of going back to stock never crossed my mind.

Lilpooh Mon, April 9th, 2012 01:58 PM

That's better!! Thanks!! I agree, stock sucks!! LOL!!

Well that's good news!! I'm gonna let some locals get a taste of the FICM tunes.

ebusa Mon, April 9th, 2012 02:43 PM

Both and friend and I filled out the form and ordered our FICM Gryphon programmers on Friday of last week.

Still no repsonse from PHP as far as order status, aknowledgement or anything. Phones say they are closed and won't allow leaving a message.

Lilpooh Tue, April 10th, 2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebusa (Post 57184)
Both and friend and I filled out the form and ordered our FICM Gryphon programmers on Friday of last week.

Still no repsonse from PHP as far as order status, aknowledgement or anything. Phones say they are closed and won't allow leaving a message.

The website shows they were closed March 26-30, then throw in Easter Holiday for last week, then people also take off for the weekend to spend with their families. IIRC, they process the orders in the order they were received.

When I placed my order thru the website, it took a week to get a confirmation email with tracking number, after that the programmer was at my door in 3 days.

I hope this make you feel better.

ebusa Tue, April 10th, 2012 07:11 PM

Thanks for the info. I feel good now especially since it shipped today!! :happy-dancing: