Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Question about Edge Programmer (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1152)

lbjailer Sat, May 23rd, 2009 12:21 PM

Question about Edge Programmer

I am about to install a K&N CAI on my 08 F150, 5.4L. I have the Edge Power Programmer, was using it on level 1. Now that I am installing the CAI and Level 1 is Transmission only, won't level 1 still work with the CAI? I removed the programmer and email from Edge directed me here **just in case I have a no-run or limp mode with the programmer after the CAI install.**
Sounds like I will eventually require the service of PHP anyway if I want to tow or become more agressive with the truck. I'm thinking I should send it in anyway just to get it out of the way. Also, does the tire size effect how PHP programs the unit? I'm runing 305-55R-20 (Radial T/As).:shrug:

Jackpine Sat, May 23rd, 2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbjailer (Post 9598)
I am about to install a K&N CAI on my 08 F150, 5.4L. I have the Edge Power Programmer, was using it on level 1. Now that I am installing the CAI and Level 1 is Transmission only, won't level 1 still work with the CAI? I removed the programmer and email from Edge directed me here **just in case I have a no-run or limp mode with the programmer after the CAI install.**
Sounds like I will eventually require the service of PHP anyway if I want to tow or become more agressive with the truck. I'm thinking I should send it in anyway just to get it out of the way. Also, does the tire size effect how PHP programs the unit? I'm runing 305-55R-20 (Radial T/As).:shrug:

I don't think the 08's have the lean running problem that 04-05's had. And, unless there's something I don't understand at all, except for the transmission shifts, Level 1 is stock. However, Level 2 is supposed to be "richer" than anything else, so PHP has been recommending you use that tune until you get a custom tune. They also recommend you try to keep your foot out of it.

Bill will include your tire size and gear ratio in your custom tunes, so give him that information when you order. This eliminates you having to use the Custom Options menu to set those two values if either of them are not stock.

- Jack

88Racing Sat, May 23rd, 2009 11:33 PM

If you really want the cai run on level 2 but if you want to up grade, move up to the gryphon. Then add the cai.
Or do the dwv/gotts mod.

Lars

rednoved Sun, May 24th, 2009 11:02 AM

I have an 2007, am I at risk for running lean too? Can I use the canned tunes on my Gryphon while I wait for the custom tunes?

JWBFX4 Sun, May 24th, 2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rednoved (Post 9691)
I have an 2007, am I at risk for running lean too? Can I use the canned tunes on my Gryphon while I wait for the custom tunes?

Well the 04-05's with the 5.4 L 3V had the biggest risk of running lean, although the 06+ was probably still close to it. But if you have the 5.4 I would still take it easy on it and run level 2 just to be safe.

rednoved Sun, May 24th, 2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWBFX4 (Post 9697)
Well the 04-05's with the 5.4 L 3V had the biggest risk of running lean, although the 06+ was probably still close to it. But if you have the 5.4 I would still take it easy on it and run level 2 just to be safe.

Is level 2 safe? If it seems like a problem, would level 1 be good to switch to? It just changes shift points right?