Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Conversation Pit (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Canadian Orders (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1366)

Circuit Fri, July 3rd, 2009 05:54 PM

Canadian Orders

I am about to order a Gryphon for my '04 4.6 soon once I get the money together and was wondering if anyone here ordered one from Canada. I live in south-western Ontario and am curious about the customs fees, taxes and shipping fees. Just don't want any surprises when I it arrives at my door.

Thanks.

Jackpine Fri, July 3rd, 2009 06:36 PM

There's really several of your countrymen who have Gryphons. Corey ships to you via USPS, I think and there are, sometimes, delays in customs. I don't know that anyone has had bad surprises in customs fees.

It would be good if one of our other members "up North" chimed in on this, and they probably will. I just didn't want you to feel neglected. :)

- Jack

average-joe Fri, July 3rd, 2009 07:10 PM

I post stuff oversea's all the time and it's pure luck if your packet gets flagged ,inspected and taxed.
In the last 7 years only one of my packets/boxes have been flagged and taxed.

Northern Supercrew Fri, July 3rd, 2009 08:38 PM

Welcome Circuit.....I:happy-dancing: my gryphon. I can't remember how much it all came to with duty and shipping etc, but i think it was around the 490.00 Can mark. This was everything including 3 tunes and the exchange. I had mine on my old 05 f150 and now run it on my stock 08, just had to get a couple of new tunes. I'm sure you'll love it.

Circuit Fri, July 3rd, 2009 10:48 PM

Sounds good.

I was curious if they would add gst, pst and brokerage fees that would make the price over what I would pay locally for an Edge. I was quoted $525+taxes for an Edge but really want a Gryphon since I do plan on some mods once I own the thing. (I am never leasing again...)

Thanks for the quick replies.

08F150 Sat, July 4th, 2009 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Circuit (Post 11581)
Sounds good.

I was curious if they would add gst, pst and brokerage fees that would make the price over what I would pay locally for an Edge. I was quoted $525+taxes for an Edge but really want a Gryphon since I do plan on some mods once I own the thing. (I am never leasing again...)

Thanks for the quick replies.

If you planning on doing mods get the Gryphon. I originaly got an Edge and now I got Bill to upgrade it to a Gryphon with custom tunes.

88Racing Sat, July 4th, 2009 11:36 PM

Do the gryphon!

Lars

Circuit Thu, July 23rd, 2009 07:12 AM

Ordered this morning with 87 perf and 93 perf customs.

I was going to order in the next 4 weeks but the birthday sale prompted me to act now. :cheesy smile:

Looks like my timing is good for custom tunes too since they are just getting caught up.

Happy birthday Corey and I am sure I will enjoy my present. :evillol:

So now the waiting begins... :whistle1:

Circuit Sat, July 25th, 2009 04:14 PM

It has been over 2 days since I sent the email and form. Is it normal to not get some kind of confirmation of them receiving the order at least?

I only ask because I am kind of nervious about having my credit card number out there in a pdf and just would like some kind of assurance that it went to the right place.:shrug:

Corey Cohron RIP Sat, July 25th, 2009 04:24 PM

Yes, I have your order! Normally, it's not an issue since orders are processed within 24 hours. This week, we've been out of the office quite a bit since our daughter is visiting, and I have 8 new orders to actually get into the system. :puter: