Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gryphon Programmer (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Just recieved my Gryphon..Is this right? (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2121)

XPerties Tue, November 3rd, 2009 07:24 AM

Just recieved my Gryphon..Is this right?

Yesterday I received my upgraded Gryphon with my custom tune. So I normally make sure everything I deal with is up to date so I connected it to my PC and ran the Pegasus and did the following:

Quote:

To update your Gryphon with CUSTOM files, follow these simple steps:

1. Make ABSOLUTELY SURE you return the vehicle back to stock before going any further. In most cases an update shouldn't be allowed unless the programmer is back to stock, but some early versions had a firmware bug that may cause the all the data on the unit to be lost when trying to update while still programmed.
2. Connect the programmer to the USB cable.
3. From the main Pegasus screen, select [Updates] and then [Targeted Functions] to begin the custom download.
4. Follow any on-screen prompts to disconnect/reconnect the USB cable. Later versions don't usually do this, but early versions do. Make sure to read all messages before clicking [OK].
5. Once the update is complete, you may remove the USB cable and return the unit to your vehicle.
It said loading and finished, then I installed it back into my truck. Menu showed #2 Custom Tune. I drove around for about 30 min doing a few things. Top my truck off with 91 octane (it had 89 but I ran it out) and then drove around for another 20 minutes on the highway. Pulled off on a side road next to my house and tuned my truck with the custom tune.

I think I recall the truck takes a little driving after that to full benefit from the custom tune. Is this correct and is the update I did above correct?

88Racing Tue, November 3rd, 2009 08:10 AM

Did you do the edge upgrade or buy it new?
I am assuming you did the upgrade.
If you did the upgrade you juist gave yourself some practice time with pegasus!
The upgrade should have come with the firmware already upgraded along with your custom tune installed. Like I said "practice time".
If you bought it new you would still be waiting for custom tunes.
LOL's

Lars

ADKGUY Tue, November 3rd, 2009 09:01 AM

curious

Hi, I'm new hear and this seems to be a great forum. I am cuious about how long it took for you to receive your upgrade. It's been over a month for me and I've heard nothing and although I know Bill and Corey are out of town, they were tough to reach. I hope being on this forum helps in communication. Thanks:

Jackpine Tue, November 3rd, 2009 09:40 AM

XPerties - what Lars said is absolutely correct. Bill would have shipped an upgraded unit to you with the most recent firmware and your custom calibration already installed.

You can also check if your Gryphon has at least one custom tune installed, without taking it out of your truck. Use Diagnostics->Tech Support->Version Info and look at the "Calibration". It should look like "0.x.xxxx" where the last 4 x's are [usually] the same as the serial number, and should start with a "0" (zero). If it starts with a "1", you DO NOT have any custom tunes.

It looks to me like you programmed your truck properly, XPerties. I'm assuming your "custom tune" WAS in the Level 2 position? And yes, there may be a short time (about 50 miles of driving) before the PCM fully "learns" how to work with the new strategies. Still, I'd expect you to sense a difference right away, especially if you changed from the stock tune to your custom tune. Most of the improved "feel" though is only going to be seen under high demand, such as hard acceleration.

- Jack

Jackpine Tue, November 3rd, 2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADKGUY (Post 17253)
Hi, I'm new hear and this seems to be a great forum. I am cuious about how long it took for you to receive your upgrade. It's been over a month for me and I've heard nothing and although I know Bill and Corey are out of town, they were tough to reach. I hope being on this forum helps in communication. Thanks:

If you sent your unit in to be upgraded, I think the current wait time is around one month. Did you ship your unit with package tracking so that you know that it arrived?

Now that you're on this forum, you may want to send Corey (Groovy Chick) a PM to see what's going on.

- Jack

XPerties Tue, November 3rd, 2009 11:05 AM

Yes it was an upgraded from Edge. Oh I fell the difference and I'm very pleased. I can recall the canned tune having hard time shift from 2-3 when I punched it not to mention on the med to heavy throttle she get's up and gooooooooooooosssss!

I did read they came with the latest firmware but it's always been a practice to get the latest software,drivers,etc etc. I'll take a look at the "Version Info" to insure it is a custom. I know the display says "Custom Tune" and yes it was #2.

ADKGUY - I placed my order Sept 21 but did not ship my tuner until Sept 28, they received it via UPS with tracking Sept 30 and I just got it yesterday which was Nov 2. My calculations is 4 weeks, 6 days but they also had a office emergency with water. You should be on the breaking point of getting it back but with the show it might delay it a week. I can say you are right about the communication from Bill but they are very busy and I'd rather them ignore me for a few days knowing they are working on Tunes. It's best just to post a question on the forums in the pre-sales section and wait 2-3 days and if you get no reply then just update the thread.

To be honest it best to forget that you even placed an order because when you get your order back you not only will be surprised but you're gonna **** your pants when you drive your truck for the very first time. :cool_beans:

88Racing Tue, November 3rd, 2009 11:06 AM

^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^

Lars

88Racing Tue, November 3rd, 2009 11:10 AM

Xperties,
Time to invest in some laundry detergent?
LOL's
Glad you like the tune!

Lars:2thumbs:

XPerties Tue, November 3rd, 2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackandJanet (Post 17255)
You can also check if your Gryphon has at least one custom tune installed, without taking it out of your truck. Use Diagnostics->Tech Support->Version Info and look at the "Calibration". It should look like "0.x.xxxx" where the last 4 x's are [usually] the same as the serial number, and should start with a "0" (zero). If it starts with a "1", you DO NOT have any custom tunes.

Ding Ding Ding...We have a winner.

Yep, custom tune installed....Inspector this case is now officially closed! :smiley_roll1:

Thanks guys!

XPerties Tue, November 3rd, 2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Racing (Post 17260)
Xperties,
Time to invest in some laundry detergent?
LOL's
Glad you like the tune!

Lars:2thumbs:

Or diapers so I don't have to stop driving my truck.... :throwup: