Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gryphon Programmer (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What to do? (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6158)

F150 Man 4Eva Fri, March 18th, 2011 04:38 PM

What to do?

I am trying to work a deal on trading up to a 2011. In order to have my Gryphon ready to sell, and be used in another truck...what do I need to do? As of now, I have returned to stock and removed it from my truck. I have Custom 87 Tow... Custom 87 Performance... and then there is one I never used that I think is a 93 Tow. I assume my custom tunes that are on there will not work for the next person that I sell this too. So, is there anything else that I need to do? Thanks in advance. Travis

And might I just add...that I absolutely LOVED my Gryphon from Day 1. I have praised and praised it every chance I get. My truck, with 35's, has more power and performs better with the Gryphon, then it ever thought about stock with stock tires. I wouldn't drive my truck, set up the way it is, without the Gryphon. PHP is great, and I hope to direct business their way, and eventually do more business myself. Thanks! :thumbs up yellow:

Jackpine Fri, March 18th, 2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F150 Man 4Eva (Post 45571)
I am trying to work a deal on trading up to a 2011. In order to have my Gryphon ready to sell, and be used in another truck...what do I need to do? As of now, I have returned to stock and removed it from my truck. I have Custom 87 Tow... Custom 87 Performance... and then there is one I never used that I think is a 93 Tow. I assume my custom tunes that are on there will not work for the next person that I sell this too. So, is there anything else that I need to do? Thanks in advance. Travis

And might I just add...that I absolutely LOVED my Gryphon from Day 1. I have praised and praised it every chance I get. My truck, with 35's, has more power and performs better with the Gryphon, then it ever thought about stock with stock tires. I wouldn't drive my truck, set up the way it is, without the Gryphon. PHP is great, and I hope to direct business their way, and eventually do more business myself. Thanks! :thumbs up yellow:

So, this is a deal with a dealership and you are using your truck as a trade-in? If so, then just return the truck to stock and connect the Gryphon to your PC with Pegasus running. Hit [Updates]->[Gryphon Upgrade Manager] and allow it to update BOTH the firmware and the calibrations. That should return it to a "canned" state and you should be able to sell it to any 2004-2008 owner.

But, have you thought of advertising it as a "private sale"? I sold BOTH my previous trucks this way at KBB value for the condition they were in. You should be able to get a better price with the programmer installed.

- Jack

F150 Man 4Eva Sat, March 19th, 2011 12:12 PM

Great...thanks for the info. Basically...it will erase my custom tunes and make it the way it was when I first purchased. Like an off the shelf Edge...just with the capability of being customized? I just got my appraisal for trade in...$18,500. KBB says that it is worth $23,300 as excellent condition private party. So, I am trying to sell on my own. It is definitely in excellent condition. Everyone that gets a glimpse is amazed at the condition of the leather, carpet, paint. It is soo close to the way it was in 2005..its amazing. Then you have all the upgrades. I may offer the Gryphon (with custom tunes) to who ever buys it...we will just have to see. I do appreciate the help and info. If I do return it to canned tunes...what is the going rate for a used Gryphon?

Jackpine Sat, March 19th, 2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F150 Man 4Eva (Post 45598)
Great...thanks for the info. Basically...it will erase my custom tunes and make it the way it was when I first purchased. Like an off the shelf Edge...just with the capability of being customized? I just got my appraisal for trade in...$18,500. KBB says that it is worth $23,300 as excellent condition private party. So, I am trying to sell on my own. It is definitely in excellent condition. Everyone that gets a glimpse is amazed at the condition of the leather, carpet, paint. It is soo close to the way it was in 2005..its amazing. Then you have all the upgrades. I may offer the Gryphon (with custom tunes) to who ever buys it...we will just have to see. I do appreciate the help and info. If I do return it to canned tunes...what is the going rate for a used Gryphon?

I'm going to guess about $150, based on the fact that the CS/CTS units are out now and have more "bling".

If you CAN do a private sale, you'll come out way ahead in my opinion. Just make the VERY BEST deal you can with the dealer on the new truck without discussing a trade-in, because that's where he's going to try to make up any losses he has in the deals he offers in the sale.

By the way, I bought my last two trucks in private sales too. And, I had NO qualms about paying KBB value for the condition of the truck. I figured by not paying any tax and by not buying some of the "dealer markups", I came out way ahead. I'd only recommend doing this for recent models though (about 1-2 years old).

- Jack