Thread: Leer Caps
View Single Post
Old Thu, June 18th, 2009, 08:27 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I DO hope you get a good resolution on this. Since this is the "Conversation Pit", where no subject is "off limits" and, you've presented what seem like verifiable faults in the product, I think it's a reasonable place to post your displeasure.

Possibly, Corey or Bill, we need a "Cheers and Jeers" section like f150Online has for things like this?

But, back to your post, average-joe: I had a Toyota Pickup once upon a time (when I first met Janet), and I quickly determined I needed a bed cap, since she was into camping and going into the back country places that my previous wife couldn't stand, but where I loved to go.

So, I ordered a cap, for my white truck and it was a Leer. The cap fit fine, but the color match was horrible, even though the paint supposedly matched the vehicle's paint code. Well, the dealer agreed with me and we sent the cap back, along with my truck's gas tank filler cover for a "paint match". Two weeks later, the cap is back. It was better, but still not exact. I decided to live with it.

When I sold the truck, the paint on the cap was "flaking" off. I felt pretty bad about including the cap in the value of the truck, but I did.

I bought a used truck that already had an A.R.E. cap to replace it and that cap matched and fit perfectly! When I sold it (when I bought my Ford), the cap looked just like new. The truck was a silver Nissan Frontier.

I bought an A.R.E. cap for my Ford - It's a perfect paint match, fits great and has the features I want. It's two years old now, and it still looks as good as the day I got it.

So, there ARE good caps out there, and I personally don't think you should have to pay for one that is not satisfactory.

(Oops, sorry I didn't "quote" your post - I thought it was fairly presented. Now, I want to know, "Why did you change your mind?") And, I'll leave my post in place.

- Jack

2024 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L PowerBoost FX4, Peragon Tonneau Cover, LineX Bed, 35% Window Tint on All Sides and Rear, Full Nose Paint Protection Film, Husky Mud Guards, Lasfit Floor Liners, VIOFO Dash Cam

Last edited by Jackpine; Thu, June 18th, 2009 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Average-joe removed his post!