View Single Post
Old Mon, August 10th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Bacon King

Sburn will become famous soon enoughSburn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down N Dirty View Post
Nice choice on wheels. I bet they will look real nice when you get them painted, be sure and put up a picture when you get them done. I love these wheels, their almost a KR, but have the grooves cut in the spokes..
Yes, almost exactly a KR wheel, but much easier and cheaper to find. Seems like everybody who got a Mark-LT or Navigator ditched the stock wheels and went to blingy 23-inchers, leaving lots of these wheels on the second-hand market.

My thought was to powder coat the wheels in gloss black and leave the Lincoln center caps the original color.

Quote:
Actually the tires on there now are Michelin 255/70-18. The same height as a 275/65, but a little narrower. I'm getting ready to put some new tires on and will be going to 275/65, or 285/65, just not sure which ones yet......price will definitely play a part in my choice.
Yeah, I priced out the Michelin 275's to fit. They are not cheap. Haven't bought them yet. Still noodling... I just know the stock 17" Hankooks really need to go.

Quote:
I did not use a drop shackle to lower the rear, I simply removed the stock 4X4 block between the axle and springs, and replaced the u-bolts with stock 2X4 u-bolts. It's a very clean and easy way of dropping the rear of a 4X4.
In spite of the tow hooks on the front of mine, it's a 2wd, so no blocks to take out.