View Single Post
Old Fri, January 16th, 2009, 06:31 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Mercedes is absolutely correct. You are NOT required to go to the dealer to have warranty repairs done. Any legitimate shop can handle the repairs and the submit the bill to the warranty handler, in most cases a warranty assurance company.

This goes for replacement components. You are not required to buy parts directly from the manufacturer as long as there is an equivalent quality part available. Of course, "equivalent quality" is a fairly loose term but in most cases it's common sense. In nearly all cases, brand name items meet and often exceed the manufacturer's specifications.

As an independent mechanic for 15 years, I have had to fight the stigma that just because they're the dealer, they know what they're doing. Granted, you will find many good technicians among the usual lot of knuckleheads, but often you'll find that some of the techs are completely over their head, especially when dealing with drivability issues. That, plus the fact that the dealerships are going through great effort to void the warranties of their own customers is certainly no incentive for me to bring my stuff back to them for repairs. I'll support the local guy every time.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!