Old Sat, October 31st, 2009, 03:33 AM
Whopper

hlbbig69 is on a distinguished road

Taks Jack for all th info and the other page of info as well

Mark

HLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
The Gryphon comes "preloaded" with three "canned" tunes. Level 1 improves your transmission's shift properties. Level 2 does the same for the transmission and makes further adjustments in the engine to improve towing performance. Level 3 is a performance tune if you use 91+ octane gas.

I saw an improvement in gas mileage just by running the Canned Level 2 tune. You don't really have to know anything to use a Gryphon and installation is dead easy, needing no tools. You can modify the characteristics of any tune by using the "Custom Options" menu that is built into the Gryphon. There's no way to adjust cooling, and I'd leave the spark advance alone unless you are using higher octane fuel than what is specified for the tune you are using.

About the only way you might tear the truck up would be to set your rev limit too high (like around 6000). If you keep it at or below 5400, you would be fine. Likewise, don't be too aggressive on changing the "shift firmness", the tune has already done that for you.

There's a Q&A about the Custom Options here, that may help to answer some of your questions: http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...ead.php?t=1101

Bill can write you three custom tunes to replace the canned tunes, but you don't really need three if you don't want them. I have an 87 octane "highway" tune and an 87 octane towing tune. That's all I have and all I use.

- Jack